GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 3, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KulleKing*

This will be fun to watch. USA will take a lot of dumb penalties and Canada will keep on scoring.

10-3 for Canada.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
This game reminds me of the '99 game in winnipeg against the USA. The U.S. had nothing to lose as they were eliminated from the playoff round while Canada would be advancing. USA won 5-2.

The thing is Canada has nothing to lose in this game really if the States ebat them that does not make any difference as Canada has won the pool already.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canada will have a very tough time tonight IMO. They will be facing a very angry and focused American team and Canada may come out flat with the birth in the semi final already clinched. 7-3 USA the final. This will be a very physical and chippy game as well.

I never felt good about Canada's chances until I saw Fehr predict they will lose.

Now they CAN'T lose!!!!!!

My man, Fehr Time, has not been right with his predictions all tournament and he does not start tonight. 4-3 Canada.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Based on your track record, as a Team Canada fan I'm ecstatic with your prediction. :handclap: .

Me too. American fans wonder why they have done so badly...

Call it the 'Fehr Time Prediction' curse!!! Every game he has predicted the Americans would crush their opponents. Every time the Americans have felt there was a "curse" preventing them from playing their best. Unfortunately, they did not believe in curses. Now they know better.

Thank God they know too late.

:)

I fully expect the yanks to attempt to goon it up.

I just hope the Canadians avoids injury and suspension.

The game is meaningless. I don't care if we lose as long as we enter the Semi's healthy, ready and well rested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I just hope the Canadians avoids injury and suspension.

The game is meaningless. I don't care if we lose as long as we enter the Semi's healthy, ready and well rested.

This. Just stay out of the crap. If we lose the game, who cares, just don't get involved in any junk that will hurt us in the medal round.

A medal round the other team will be watching.

I still predict a win for CAN, as always.

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
I almost want Canada to lose. I'd hate for them to go into the medal rounds with a sense of complacency. They've yet to face the other two real contenders in this tournament, and there isn't a path to the Gold that doesn't go through at least one of Sweden and Russia.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I almost want Canada to lose. I'd hate for them to go into the medal rounds with a sense of complacency. They've yet to face the other two real contenders in this tournament, and there isn't a path to the Gold that doesn't go through at least one of Sweden and Russia.

There is a lot of truth to this post.

I won't lose a moment of sleep if they lose.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

Best case scenario is a tight win. You feel good about yourselves without any cockiness about how easy it has been so far.

The two best teams aside from Canada are in the other pool, so complacency could be a very bad thing right now.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

This. Just stay out of the crap. If we lose the game, who cares, just don't get involved in any junk that will hurt us in the medal round.

A medal round the other team will be watching.

I still predict a win for CAN, as always.

Yes. We are two wins away from the promised land and, if it was a football team, I would play my 2nd stringers.

A good strong game without incident is just what the doctor ordered.

Booom

Jan 1, 2011

Shocked if a gold medal doesn't involve beating both of them.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canada will have a very tough time tonight IMO. They will be facing a very angry and focused American team and Canada may come out flat with the birth in the semi final already clinched. 7-3 USA the final.

This will be a very physical and chippy game as well.

Bad news guys...

In the "Book of Revelation" HF Thread, Fehr Time told the posters NOT to worry because he predicted "the sun will come up tomorrow".

Damn!!!! And just when my life was going great. :(

Better party tonight like it's 1999 boys!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Shocked if a gold medal doesn't involve beating both of them.

Yeah, me too. They both look very strong, as do we at this point. Tough to tell from some of these blowout games, though. Today will be a good indicator as to where the top teams really rank, especially in the other pool.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I have to think that this game will mean a lot to the U.S. kids, it is for all intent and purposes, their "gold" medal game. I'm not saying they will win but in no way do they come out flat.

I really hope that they give Canada a game and a win will soothe a lot of hurt feelings.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Despite losing to FIN and CZE, USA was never "out" of those games until late in the game. USA and CAN always match up good against one another.

It's all about emotions for USA right now. It's going to be hard to put up an effort tonight after losing yesterday.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Yes, because losing to a team that is already eliminated from the medal round is such a confidence booster. I'd rather them play their hardest game and steamroll them.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
This game's about pride, if they have the opportunity to shut up the Canadian crowd just once during this tournament, then that should be motivation enough. No need to hold back in this game for the U.S., whereas the concern for injuries and more meaningful tournament games ahead may be in the minds of the Canadians and impact their play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad