GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Denmark 2, Canada 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I love Fehr Time, honestly one of my favorite posters... says some of the most controversial things on this board, but he sticks to his guns, and says his points with grace, never trashing people... cheers to you Fehr Time, you're a legend.

Canada could be in tough here. I will say 4-3 Canada in a nail biter.

This one sentence caused this....

I got a chuckle out of this one, until I read some of your other posts and realize you're being serious...:loony:

Pretty close by our standards, I agree. You are probably talking about 2008 when Canada won 4-1.

A combination of an overconfident, brutal Canadian effort and the Danes playing the game of their lives could produce another 4-1 game.

More likely, 10-1.

At this age, were you ever tired? I could stay up all night and play a game in the morning and feel as fresh as if I slept all night.

Yeah...a real tired and totally exhausted Canadian team.
Afterall these players play a lot of 3 in 3 and 2 in 2 most weekends that they will be falling on their face.
Let alone these players are the top players on their CHL teams and get double shifted that they won't be able to handle this 2 in 2! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

btw...weak troll!

Hey why don't you do some of your old stuff and tell us about how the U.S. is the most impressive team in the tournament again...

Maybe if Canada played without sticks.

I have bellybutton lint that has greater and more accurate hockey knowledge than you.

LMAO!!!

I am sorry Fehr...

You seems like an intelligent fellow but sometimes (often?) you say extreme things that make me think you are not being serious. And then, even tho you are wrong 99%+ of the time, you keep going back to the well...

Like a gambler who keeps betting on the long shot so, when it eventually come thru, he can brag to his friends that he "predicted that".

Let's take yesterday for instance. My memory is bad so correct me if I am wrong...

First you predicted the U.S. would romp and was/is the best team at the tournament.

Then, after the U.S. tied the Fins, you said the flood gates would open and the Fins would be crushed.

Then, you predicted either an upset or a VERY close game between Canada and the Czechs - can't remember.

Then, when it was still 1-0, you said the game would end that way.

Now, your two most recent predictions are...

1) The U.S. will turn it on come NYE and win the tournament.
2) Denmark will give Canada all it can handle.

You make me laugh. You really do. God bless you for that!

P.S. My belly button lint wants a shot at you too.

Fair to say he succeeds once again:handclap:

Fehr, how much do you think Tuukka Rask should get on his next contract? (my guess 2-4 years at 3 mill per)

What about Mike Green? (my guess 4-5 years at 6 mill per)

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Wish we didn't have to play this one. There is nothing to gain from it except some bad habits.

I feel the same way.

USA destroyed Denmark 11-3 and then came out flat against Finland.

If Canada hammers Denmark and gets over-confident, we're going to have our hands full with the US on NYE.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I feel the same way.

USA destroyed Denmark 11-3 and then came out flat against Finland.

If Canada hammers Denmark and gets over-confident, we're going to have our hands full with the US on NYE.

Canada does have 2 days off on the flip side if the States does lose vs the Czechs the game could mean very little.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I love Fehr Time, honestly one of my favorite posters... says some of the most controversial things on this board, but he sticks to his guns, and says his points with grace, never trashing people... cheers to you Fehr Time, you're a legend.

Yeah, 'cause it is so hard to get Canadians worked up about hockey.
:sarcasm:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I love Fehr Time, honestly one of my favorite posters... says some of the most controversial things on this board, but he sticks to his guns, and says his points with grace, never trashing people... cheers to you Fehr Time, you're a legend. This one sentence caused this.... Fair to say he succeeds once again:handclap: Fehr, how much do you think Tuukka Rask should get on his next contract? (my guess 2-4 years at 3 mill per) What about Mike Green? (my guess 4-5 years at 6 mill per)

Fehr really does seem like a nice fellow! And that is why I hope my post wasn't too harsh. I just cannot believe what he comes up with.

Your post also made me laugh Howie. Funny stuff.

:)

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
This is an unfortunate game. The Danes have had two discouraging results. These guys have to play Canada, in Canada...it's going to be intimidating for them.

I simply hope the Canadians don't pick up bad habits and let up to not run up the score too much. This game won't be pretty.

Fehr Time*

LMAO!!!

First you predicted :

- the U.S. would romp and was/is the best team in the tournament.- after the U.S. tied the Fins, you said the flood gates would open and the Fins would be crushed.

- either an upset or a VERY close game between Canada and the Czechs. I can't remember.

- then, when it was still 1-0, you said the game would end that way.

Now, your two most recent predictions are...

1) The U.S. will turn it on come NYE and win the tournament.
2) Denmark will give Canada all it can handle.

You make me laugh. You really do. God bless you for that!

P.S. My bellybutton lint wants a shot at you too. ;)

You and others can keep your lint to yourselves - not really my thing but to each his own no doubt...;)

I think if they put their minds to it the U.S. would win no doubt. They really are sleepwalking through this tournament so far, as is Russia btw. I think they can certainly beat Canada on NYE.

Teams like Denmark can be kind of strange. While not overly talented on an individual basis, they can play a strong, simple, team game. This can frustrate many teams such as Canada and may get Canada off its game plan a bit. Canada may also not take the Danes seriously, while Denmark at the same time may play some very inspired hockey on a big stage like tonight. I have watched alot of these tourneys and close games have broken out many times when most thought it should be a blowout.

Just to add, Germany for example, when they were up at this level, used to give Canada fits sometimes as well. It should never happen on paper but it does. Denmark strikes me as somewhat similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
This is going to be ugly. I say 16-0.

I suspect that Canada will just concentrate on their systems and keeping their defence tight. Most of the goals will be scored on the PP since that's one area of Canada's game that they need work on.

8-1 which is a nice result for Denmark and something they can learn from.

Fehr Time*

Fehr, how much do you think Tuukka Rask should get on his next contract? (my guess 2-4 years at 3 mill per)

What about Mike Green? (my guess 4-5 years at 6 mill per)

I think with a new CBA coming down the pipe it is safe to say they will receive Fehr'er market value than what they would get now...:)

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
you cannot say this will be a close game. 10-2 Canada is my prediction. Denmark just doesn't have the skill on their team to keep up with Canada.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I think if they put their minds to it the U.S. would win no doubt.

Fair enough and the U.S. may still win.

But, isn't there a chance that the U.S. team is overrated like they are MOST years?

Isn't there a chance that all the posters who put the USHL/College System on par with the CHL are wrong(!) and these kids that come out of the U.S. system are NOT as good as everyone thinks?

I think with a new CBA coming down the pipe it is safe to say they will receive Fehr'er market value than what they would get now...:)

How many times have you used that in your life? ;)

Go Denmark!

LMAO!!!

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I expect that it will be 2 or 3 nothing at the end of two. Canada will get yelled at in the 2nd intermission for their soft play and come back to win by at least 10.

However, this game could also be the biggest win in Canadian history. Denmark looked really soft against the Americans, so Canada needs to score 20 (or win by 17) to set the record. The old record was tied against Latvia in 2010, when Canada won 16-0 and they also had a 19-2 win in the late 80s I believe.

Fehr Time*

But, isn't there a chance that the U.S. team is overrated like they are MOST years?

Isn't there a chance that all the posters who put the USHL/College System on par with the CHL are wrong(!) and these kids that come out of the U.S. system are NOT as good as everyone thinks?

I am not sure that they are so overrated most years actually. This thing has really denigrated into a 4 team tournament in recent years and they are one of the big four that will always contend. Their achilles heel may be the off ice politics when it comes to putting a team together as far as the CHL vs NCAA thing goes. Also I do not think that their coaches are always up to par when it comes to prepping the team and keeping them focused in games.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

How many times have you used that in your life? ;)

LMAO!!!

The issue the States might have is if its stays close for a while players may try and take matters into there own hands and they don't play as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad