GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Denmark 2, Canada 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I would say this won't be pretty for Denmark, but Finland did beat USA so shocks can happen but I reckon this'll be a good win for Canada - 9-2.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Blergh, this is on a half hour before the Jets - Kings game. That blows. I don't know if I should PVR one or switch back and forth.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Unless the women hockey players wear the same gear as the womens beach-volleyball players!!
Sign me up for a viewer!!
actually those women hockey players are quite hot, the only problem is one cannot see that hotness under the 10 layers of hockey gear... and that's sadly the main reason why women's hockey might be kicked out of Olympics :shakehead

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
World Juniors come around once a year. I'm a Sens fan, and am skipping the new years eve game to watch Canada - USA.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
Seeing as I accurately guessed the goal differential in the Canada-Czech game, I deem myself qualified to now make offer my 'professional' opinion.

Canada by 10.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
If this is true, I think that means Wedgewood is a lock for the NYE game.
I would think it would make perfect sense to play Vis this game and get his confidence as high as it can be. Then give it to Wedgewood for the US game and, barring a collapse which I don't see coming also go with him into the playoffs.

That way you go into the playoffs with the guy that is playing the best but also have a backup that should be ready, just in case.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
14-0 Canada if Wedgewood Plays
14-2 if Visentin plays

Canada won't run up the score this high. Canada tends to relax after a big lead. Wouldn't be surprise if Canada wins 6-2. Everybody plays Canada hard; it's like a litney test for these teams.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
8-2 (periods: 2-1, 2-0, 4-1). Canada isn't very motivated and the Danish goalie has a big night, plus getting the first goal by a fluke sets them going very enthusiastically). What can I say, I'm a clairvoyante...

Likes the prediction. Here's to Finland coming second in the pool!

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I hope Hay rolls 4 lines evenly tonight. Anyone else sick of Gallagher on the first line? I think there's much better options.

good point. I don't think you would ever complain about his work ethic. He doesn't look like much of a goal scorer or first line material. He seems to fit the energy role or checking role. Appears to be a good kid and team player.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
good point. I don't think you would ever complain about his work ethic. He doesn't look like much of a goal scorer or first line material. He seems to fit the energy role or checking role. Appears to be a good kid and team player.

From what I saw, Gallagher played his most complete game last night. On like 3 of Canada's goals, he was right at the goal mouth ready to bang in a rebound. He was robbed of a goal off the rush by Mrazek, and actually made great plays all around.

I don't think his play has warranted a demotion.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just realized if you play with the name Visentin, you can get siv-in-net.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
From what I saw, Gallagher played his most complete game last night. On like 3 of Canada's goals, he was right at the goal mouth ready to bang in a rebound. He was robbed of a goal off the rush by Mrazek, and actually made great plays all around.

I don't think his play has warranted a demotion.

He was not robbed by any means. He had 2/3rds open net to shoot at and he shot it directly at Mrazek's pad. Literally, right at it.

He blew that chance to put the Czechs in a hole early.

He also fanned on a cross rink pass to him standing to the goalies right, which would have been an easy goal for most goal scorers. And he also fanned on another shot from the slot with the goalie down.

He does not have the execution to be playing on the top line. His one goal was the result of smashing in a rebound to an empty net.

He is IMO best suited to play a checking/energy role, not top minutes. But hey, his junior coach is also the head coach here so no suprise....

Perhaps they should move the guy tied for second in team scoring with 4 points off the bottom line where he isnt seeing much ice time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00