GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Finland 1, Canada 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latex*

Our defense looks like puppies, very worrying. Armia totally invisible, just as last year.

Armia much better than Pulkkinen or Ma.G so give it a rest. We all know how much you hate him, but try to be realistic for god's sake.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Brett Connolly is just disappointing to watch. Last year and this year, this guy has really shown nothing internationally. Ryan Storme has been another disappointing player. Jaden Schwartz hasn't been very noticeable, but he was very good in pre-tournament so he gets a pass for one game.

DSP is injured... Canada cannot replace him with anyone now, correct?

Doug Hamilton has been MUCH better this game. I've liked our defense this game. One thing I don't like is the outlet pass from defense to forwards... It needs to be a lot of crisper and better. The passes aren't tape-to-tape, but I'm sure they'll get better as we go on.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Line changes must be made, replace Ma. Granlund with Donskoi. Nobody is playing the puck to Armia, that's why he is invisible.

Aittokallio to the net, Gibson has not been good even though our defense is pretty horrible.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
That TSN check in map is wicked , CANADIANS all over the World watching , unbelievable I wonder how many countries will it will hit by the end of the tourney

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Our defense looks like puppies, very worrying. Armia totally invisible, just as last year.

I think their confidence is shot. They have a pretty big defense, they should be trying to use it and hammering as many players as possible, make players pay for the good ice. Right now they are giving up all the good areas without much of a fight.

Armia has had one or two scoring chances, but other than that, I agree that he has been completely invisible.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
When you lose your best defenceman with a head injury after a cheap hit, you would be too.

If he was our best defenceman, then I would be mad...at Hockey Canada for not creating better defencemen.

You have to let it go. It may have been cheap-ish, but it was clean. That's hockey bro.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Reasons why Finland is playing so badly:

1. Gibson is as trustable as weather forecast in Siperia
2. The coach Helminen is a joke
3. Defense is young and silly

I hope Finland will score 1-2 goals in the third. Granlund and Armia.
The other goalies would have been burned also in front of that joke defense. Gibson just takes the **** now...

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
My only problem with Visentin is that he slides way out of his net on occassion when he doesn't need to. That will be exploited by the Americans/Swedes/Russians.

Agreed. He's overplaying a bit, and Hamilton/Harrington have saved two obvious goals. He's been solid otherwise.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Brett Connolly is just disappointing to watch. Last year and this year, this guy has really shown nothing internationally. Ryan Storme has been another disappointing player. Jaden Schwartz hasn't been very noticeable, but he was very good in pre-tournament so he gets a pass for one game.

Doug Hamilton has been MUCH better this game. I've liked our defense this game. One thing I don't like is the outlet pass from defense to forwards... It needs to be a lot of crisper and better. The passes aren't tape-to-tape, but I'm sure they'll get better as we go on.

I actually think Connolly's been alright, he's playing pretty strong, and using his size to drive the net.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario

Only if we suffer 2 more injuries before he returns.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Just thought I'd revisit this prediction to see how it's looking...

Hmm. Not so good.

YARR123 said:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
7-1 Finland

Mi. Granlund 2x
Ma. Granlund
Pulkkinen 2x
Armia
Hämäläinen

Visentin

If you see the goalscorer for Canada in that prediction you'll see there is that hidden :sarcasm: right there. Or how did you think Visentin could score that one goal when usually goalies do empty netters. Just saying. So that rubbing in the face is even more worthy of a facepalm in this situation when there are predictions which you really could revisit in that "rubbing in the face"-mode you're in. :nod:

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Raipe, come out of there. There's a game to be played. Just like I feared, coaching seems terrible... PP, PK, passing game... Nothing seems to work. D is our known weakness but our 5 man defense doesn't work at all either.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
Shame Visentin is in goal, otherwise we would have a real shot of shutting out this outclassed team... No sarcasm either...

DoktorFroggFacepalm.jpg

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
WJHC is not the same without Pierre McGuire. He is the real star of the tourney :(

3965552.jpg

Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: