GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Finland 1, Canada 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What could DSP's injury be... Looked Like such a innocent play...fingers crossed nothing serious :)

Probably groin or hamstring. He wasn't touched. He just suddenly started hobbling, maybe got caught in a rut or something.

Ah. TSN just showed that he blocked a shot. Didn't see that.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Huberdeau looks incredibly dangerous out there. Congrats Florida, looks like you got a good one.

Also, can't help but think of Eberle when I see Brett Connolly on the ice.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Even though we're looking good. Vis still scares me, hes always out of position. It could be 5 -3 right now if it werent for the blocks

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
Whats wrong with Visentin? I mean he hasn't looked bad in this game at all but in every game I watched him play, he never does a perfect game, doesn't get shutouts and always seem to let that softie goal... so that's what makes people stay ''meh'' on him. Has anyone else ever wondered the same thing?

stug*

How can Kanada not be the favourite to win everything????
They are big time favourites at every bookmaker by a big margin. I put alot of money on Kanada, its easy money.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Reasons why Finland is playing so badly:

1. Gibson is as trustable as weather forecast in Siperia
2. The coach Helminen is a joke
3. Defense is young and silly

I hope Finland will score 1-2 goals in the third. Granlund and Armia.

AugustBurnsRed*

Huberdeau looks incredibly dangerous out there. Congrats Florida, looks like you got a good one.

Also, can't help but think of Eberle when I see Brett Connolly on the ice.

Yeaah.. helps that he wears 14.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Considering the flack he got for being selected, Scott Harrington's been doing a nice job alongside Ryan Murray as Canada's shutdown pairing. He even saved a sure-goal when he blocked a shot that was heading for a wide open net when Visentin was off on the other side of the goal.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Finland is gunna have to step it up big time if they wanna get back into this game and it's gotta start on D.

There's zero chance that Finland is going to get back into this game. I'd be satisfied if they showed at least some fight in their game in the third. And maybe a goal from the first line. Canada is so much better in every aspect of the game it's not even funny. I think we can stop talking about gold medals now. Zero chance for that. I'll watch the games because of Granlund and Barkov anyway. At least they've been pretty good.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
as a canadian hockey fan you should only be afraid of your boys ego swelling too much, your kids NT is clearly strongest this year.

I don't think this will happen. Everyone has been telling them they are going to suck since they were put together. The least hyped Team Canada in my memory (which goes back a ways, sad to say).

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Feel really bad for Mi Granlund, he has more talent then any player on the Canadian roster, but besides him there is very little on the Fins roster, Pulkkinen is not impressive at all. Fins need to put Aitokallio in net for the 3rd even though the game is lost.

I gotta say, really didnt excpect Canada to be this good, buf Finland just looks lost and scared. Canada is definitly not the favorites in this trny, and you cant say that they are if they've already lost to a team even if it was just a Pretourny game.

Sweden is the team to beat. But this will be a huge confidence booster for Canada so theyre definitly in it.

Maybe some but definitely not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad