GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Finland 1, Canada 8 • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Mikael Granlund should be benched for the rest of the tournament. His non-effort game hurts the team. I didn't think Granlund would float in a tournament like this but it seems he does. After the two early goals by Canada Finland lost the passion and it was a lot because of Granlund.

Yeah. And trolling gets you fish.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Granlund's line created a few nice scoring chances. Finland could have done 3-4 more goals. Defense was just terrible and Gibson looked Pejorative Slured.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Mikael Granlund should be benched for the rest of the tournament. His non-effort game hurts the team. I didn't think Granlund would float in a tournament like this but it seems he does. After the two early goals by Canada Finland lost the passion and it was a lot because of Granlund.

What are you talking about? He was the only one who managed to do anything out there for Finland... He could've shot a few times instead of passing, but I don't see how you could call that a "non-effort game".

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well pretty good game for Canada. Huberdeau looked quite good, which is great for Canada. Strome also looked good, even before he scored, which is important as he looks like one of the more creative forwards. The whole defence looked quite strong, with Harrington in particular impressing me. I hope he continues to prove the naysayers (myself included) wrong. Still not confident in Visentin.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
There's something wrong with the system, right from the get-go Finland looked super shaky, dmen looked really lost out there, and Canada rolled over us with super high intensity. It looks like they didn't really have a plan. They shouldn't look this shaky, Helminen should be able to pump them up so that their self esteem is high, not low like it was.

gib

Feb 3, 2004

Painters gonna paint!

Granlund was leading this brave team from front, but today it wasnt quite enough.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
What are you talking about? He was the only one who managed to do anything out there for Finland... He could've shot a few times instead of passing, but I don't see how you could call that a "non-effort game".

Maybe I'm just a little disappointed I bothered to watch the game. Never like the blow-outs. Even though I said earlier that Stone might be top-10 in the tournament scoring and it was nice to see Canada's good game. But still towards the end Granlund started to loose his effort. In the third he was invisible.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
in all honesty HOPE is all you got:D

You shouldn't get stuck in one game too much, do you really think Finland is that bad in general. Finland is not Latvia or Denmark level team, this was just a bad game where nothing worked and **** like this happens, like Bruins beating Cats 8-0 not too long ago.

We still have potential in this team, USA game will be much better from us just watch.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Only saw Harrington play once before....

It was at the Ivan Hlinka final before last season. I didn't know any of the players beyond RNH, I noted all the players based on # and not by name....Harrington was the second most impressive Dman behind Doug Hamilton and I liked his game very closely with Siemens'.

As soon as Harrington had a check in his own end, the puck was won back and outletted. Just so clean defensively in the only game I ever watched him in, and very much what I've seen from him so far.

Not an upside guy, but will be a quality NHLer.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
There's something wrong with the system, right from the get-go Finland looked super shaky, dmen looked really lost out there, and Canada rolled over us with super high intensity. It looks like they didn't really have a plan. They shouldn't look this shaky, Helminen should be able to pump them up so that their self esteem is high, not low like it was.

I'm not sure what this pouskin74 fellow's business is, he seems to be hurt that we think Granlund is better than whoever and now he comes here acting all smug, I suppose it makes him feel better.

pouskin74*

You shouldn't get stuck in one game too much, do you really think Finland is that bad in general. Finland is not Latvia or Denmark level team, this was just a bad game where nothing worked and **** like this happens, like Bruins beating Cats 8-0 not too long ago.

We still have potential in this team, USA game will be much better from us just watch.

no, finnland is not bad at all! i like finnland actually but the fans is another story tho:nod:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Well nothing written but in past tournaments it's been said on telecasts from GORDO. Expectation is Gold not a opening night win against Finland.

I actually think singing the nathional anthem is probably encouraged. It's something we all should do whenever possible, including players on the ice. I think you're off-base on this one.

pouskin74*

I'm not sure what this pouskin74 fellow's business is, he seems to be hurt that we think Granlund is better than whoever and now he comes here acting all smug, I suppose it makes him feel better.

you are not right about me my friend. actually i came here to support you and i am honest;)

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
no, finnland is not bad at all! i like finnland actually but the fans is another story tho:nod:

why? It's normal to be upset if we get outclassed 1-8, we are not used to that.

I just wait when i can laugh to Russia when you brutally lose to Sweden and possible to Canada if you face them.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

I think they've been okay. I'd be upset and looking for some answers, too. They are a better team than what they showed today. Tough to open the tourney against a home team with a lot to prove, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad