GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Finland 1, Canada 8 • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Can we start a "Bring back pierre mcguire" Campaign?

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
If he was our best defenceman, then I would be mad...at Hockey Canada for not creating better defencemen.

You have to let it go. It may have been cheap-ish, but it was clean. That's hockey bro.

How was it cheap or "cheap-ish"? It was body-on-body. There's never anything cheap in a body-on-body hit. In fact, it looked like the injury occurred as he got himself back up and seemed to jam his leg.

Didn't look serious, so might just be a case of the game quickly getting out of hand and them not wanting to risk it getting worse.

ETA: DSP done for the night.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm in the UK and just loaded the TSN.ca stream, will it work? I was told it would. Currently waiting for the next period I think.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
If you see the goalscorer for Canada in that prediction you'll see there is that hidden :sarcasm: right there. Or how did you think Visentin could score that one goal when usually goalies do empty netters. Just saying. So that rubbing in the face is even more worthy of a facepalm in this situation when there are predictions which you really could revisit in that "rubbing in the face"-mode you're in. :nod:

Yeah, we've been through that already about 25 pages ago on the previous thread. It's all sorted out. I get it. It was hilarious, or maybe not so much.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Can't remember the last time I saw a Finnish National Team with this little grit and sandpaper to their game. Everybody on the roster must try a lot harder if they want to save themselves from embarrassment. Show some sisu perkele!

I'm getting really worried over Armia, everytime I see him play he is just so damn lazy. I hope Maatta and DSP are okay, never like to see players get sidelined in these tournaments, must be a dream come true to play in these games (and you can see it in Canada's goal celebrations) and it would suck to get injured and not be able to play. Besides, I want DSP healthy when he comes back to the Ducks!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
How was it cheap or "cheap-ish"? It was body-on-body. There's never anything cheap in a body-on-body hit. In fact, it looked like the injury occurred as he got himself back up and seemed to jam his leg.

Didn't look serious, so might just be a case of the game quickly getting out of hand and them not wanting to risk it getting worse.

ETA: DSP done for the night.

I am granting them cheap-ish so they realize that although their man got greased, we're not into injuring people. It was a blind-side hit, so I can see why someone wouldn't like it.

Did it deserve a penalty? No.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
If he was our best defenceman, then I would be mad...at Hockey Canada for not creating better defencemen.
Not that many Canadian dmen better than Määttä in his age group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad