GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Denmark 3, United States 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
The bottom two countries from each Pool A and Pool B go into the relegation round, you keep the points you earned against the country going to relegation with you, then you play the 2 countries from the other Pool. At the end of the round robin, the country with the lowest points is relegated to Division IA.

Example...
Latvia and Switzerland finish 4th and 5th in Pool A, Denmark and Czechs in Pool B. While in Preliminary Round round Swiss beats Latvia in overtime and Czech beat the Danes in regulation. So entering relegation the standings are this...
Czech...3pts
Swiss....2pts
Latvia....1pts
Danes...0pts

Latvia and Swiss would play each of Denmark and Czech Republic, whoever gains the lowest amounts of points is relegated down to Division IA, the remaning three countries keep their spots in Elite Division.

If you are asking how Germany is coming up, they wont he Division IA Championship earlier this month.
(I really hope this answer your question, sorry if my English was not so great.)

thanks!!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
All three were stoppable pucks; that last one was just even more evidently bad.

The game is over and we played damn well. We're still going to need better goaltending against better teams if we want another Gold.
So the one that went off the post and right to a Denmark player who tapped it in was stoppable? Doh-kay.

Lux Aurumque*

Despite the US' domination in this game, I really thought Nicklas Jensen was the best player on the ice. He was amazing.

I wasn't impressed with anyone on the American team in particular. Although, it must be said that the score would have been much more even if Denmark had a competent goalie.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Despite the US' domination in this game, I really thought Nicklas Jensen was the best player on the ice. He was amazing.

I wasn't impressed with anyone on the American team in particular. Although, it must be said that the score would have been much more even if Denmark had a competent goalie.

I don't agree.. if the goalie(s) for Denmark didn't make some awesome saves and the usa's pk wasn't miserable with weak pressure, the score could have been even worse.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I don't agree.. if the goalie(s) for Denmark didn't make some awesome saves and the usa's pk wasn't miserable with weak pressure, the score could have been even worse.

I agree with this. I thought Denmark played well.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Do you guys think Jensen has a higher potential then hansen in vancouver?.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

What? I'm not sure if I should take your comment serious.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
That's was a dangerous hit.. classless cheering from a few in the crowd while he was down injured

Canadian WJC fans tend to act like the quintessential mite-dad jerk who gets shouted down by his own team's parents, except nobody shouts them down.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
So screw up Faulk's development so he can "possibly" win a tournament. Ok.

I would say playing in a tournament with your country playing crucial minutes with your mates is far more crucial to a players development. Maybe not in the sense that he is playing weaker competition but this is the kind of tournament that instills a sense of pride and confidence in ones play that the Hurricanes can't provide.

Sure let lose 5 straight with the canes being a minus each game completely shattering his confidence OR let him battle for a Gold Medal with his countrymen which could possibly be the highlight of his career. I bet he is very mad

JackMeyer

Jun 29, 2011
New York
Campbell looked shaky at times to me. And the puck movement has to improve. On another note, the heart of the Danes can't be questioned. Very impressed with Jensen tonight. I warn you guys now, Finland will be looking to avenge a shellacking at the hands of Canada, they will be extremely motivated to show that they belong in the tournament.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Good game by the Danes I think. The group stage really only is practice matches to us before the all important "final" against Latvia. The PP looks promising so far and that is going to be a key when facing Latvia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad