GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Denmark 3, United States 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They have relegation rounds every tournament.

So i imagine the last place team goes down and some other tournament is happening elsewhere. (Division II) probably and that winner plays in Division I the following year BUT some players may not be age eligible so their team isn't as strong.

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
how do they determine it? That's what I was really asking. Sorry for the confusion.

The bottom two countries from each Pool A and Pool B go into the relegation round, you keep the points you earned against the country going to relegation with you, then you play the 2 countries from the other Pool. At the end of the round robin, the country with the lowest points is relegated to Division IA.

Example...
Latvia and Switzerland finish 4th and 5th in Pool A, Denmark and Czechs in Pool B. While in Preliminary Round round Swiss beats Latvia in overtime and Czech beat the Danes in regulation. So entering relegation the standings are this...
Czech...3pts
Swiss....2pts
Latvia....1pts
Danes...0pts

Latvia and Swiss would play each of Denmark and Czech Republic, whoever gains the lowest amounts of points is relegated down to Division IA, the remaning three countries keep their spots in Elite Division.

If you are asking how Germany is coming up, they wont he Division IA Championship earlier this month.
(I really hope this answer your question, sorry if my English was not so great.)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The bottom two countries from each Pool A and Pool B go into the relegation round, you keep the points you earned against the country going to relegation with you, then you play the 2 countries from the other Pool. At the end of the round robin, the country with the lowest points is relegated to Division IA.

Example...
Latvia and Switzerland finish 4th and 5th in Pool A, Denmark and Czechs in Pool B. While in Preliminary Round round Swiss beats Latvia in overtime and Czech beat the Danes in regulation. So entering relegation the standings are this...
Czech...3pts
Swiss....2pts
Latvia....1pts
Danes...0pts

Latvia and Swiss would play each of Denmark and Czech Republic. Lowest points is relegated.

If you are asking how Germany is coming up, they wont he Division IA Championship earlier this month.
(I really hope this answer your question, sorry if my English was not so great.)

Yea. This. I never knew the specifics like you pointed out. I was trying to find info on it earlier. Thank you for explaining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad