GDT: Group A • Feb. 16 • Slovenia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Parise needs to be off that stupid Backes line. It does nothing for him. I liked the chemistry Kane and Pavelski showed late too. Put Parise with them. He needs to get going and fast

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
My worry is that US team will still be hung over mentally from the Russia game and run into a highly motivated Slovania team.

I'm just hoping for a win by any means necessary. Losing this game would put US into that preliminary matchup round. Which means one extra game right after playing back to back matches over the weekend.

Ducksgo*

Ryan Miller to start in goal for U.S. today vs. Slovenia. Watch game live on @nbcsn at 7:30 a.m. ET. #teamusa #USAHockey

We will see how he does. Any slip up I hope Bylsma goes to quick after the prelims

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
We will see how he does. Any slip up I hope Bylsma goes to quick after the prelims

Pretty sure he's already going to Quick after the prelims. If Miller were up against a team like Finland and blanked them then maybe he puts himself in contention, but I don't really see how he can do it vs Slovenia, unfortunately.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
My worry is that US team will still be hung over mentally from the Russia game and run into a highly motivated Slovania team.

I'm just hoping for a win by any means necessary. Losing this game would put US into that preliminary matchup round. Which means one extra game right after playing back to back matches over the weekend.
they will be fine. We have a bunch of leaders in that locker room that have all won big games and then had to quickly get ready for another big one. They'll be ready. Might be a little black and blue from all those blocked shots but they'll get the job done.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
No surprise Miller is starting. Gotta get a look at him before making that crucial decision for the elimination rounds.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

But Slovenia would be just as much at risk of being mentally hung over from their win over Slovakia which they described as "like a gold medal game."

Ducksgo*

Pretty sure he's already going to Quick after the prelims. If Miller were up against a team like Finland and blanked them then maybe he puts himself in contention, but I don't really see how he can do it vs Slovenia, unfortunately.

Yah let's hope! With the huge win over home country Russia. I don't see Quick not starting.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Anybody else still recovering from the russia game, 4 hours until the next USA game, wtf.

Ducksgo*

Game will be played on NBCSports for the Americans watching 4:15 pre game 4:30 puck drop all pst for me....

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Anybody else still recovering from the russia game, 4 hours until the next USA game, wtf.

I wouldn't call it recovering. Still basking in the afterglow maybe. And trying to decide whether to try to take another nap before face off or just stay up.

Also...

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m

Team USA announces Quick is getting day off...Howard will back up Miller. Also, looks like Stepan in for Pacioretty.

eta:

Also twitter reports that USA wearing 3rd jerseys. What do those look like? Red?

member 151739

Think of it this way. This only happens every 4 years. That's how I think of it trance!!!

And I was patient. Now that it's here, I've grown impatient. :laugh: I'm hoping for a relatively stress-free victory, but Slovenia has come to play.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Surprised kesler is playing, Resting his hand for the important games would be a better idea no?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Miller starting, now have to wake up in 4 hours. UGH! :cry::cry:

Ugh, good luck. All these 4:30 games are killing me.

gXgM9Ch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad