GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Kuznetsov is a helluva talent. I sure hope he passes the puck more in league play though.

Yakupov has been snakebitten, great chances that the goalie stole.

Grigorenko has looked really dangerous. He seems like the kind of player that, even on a bad night, he could find a way to produce a goal with his vision alone.

JMcLeaf

elvis-presley.jpg

Fulcrum

Kuznetsov is a helluva talent. I sure hope he passes the puck more in league play though.

Yakupov has been snakebitten, great chances that the goalie stole.

Grigorenko has looked really dangerous. He seems like the kind of player that, even on a bad night, he could find a way to produce a goal with his vision alone.

It's not just Grigorenko, that whole line is insane. Best line on the team right now.

Yakupov's unlucky, but his line is also pretty disorganized.

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
Wow, Merzlikin, wow. He's a 94, just as Vasilevsky. They will have a chance to meet again at U18.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
You can't win the game with goaltending alone. WE NEED TO SCORE SOME GOALS.

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
It's not just Grigorenko, that whole line is insane. Best line on the team right now.

Yakupov's unlucky, but his line is also pretty disorganized.

I do agree with Yakupov's line having issues. My criticism for him, though, is similar to several of the Russian players here: there is a disconnect for sure, but they also seem to all want to try these solo efforts. This is not true for the entire lineup, but I do want to see if this persists against Sweden.

The major exception is the Kucherov-Grigorenko-Gusev line, which as you pointed out has real good chemistry. Grigorenko stands out the most overall, his game package is something my Habs could REALLY use, but the other two have been real good as well.

hoockeyrocks

Dec 17, 2011
I do agree with Yakupov. My criticism for him, though, is similar to several of the Russian players here: there is a disconnect for sure, but they also seem to all want to try these solo efforts.

The major exception is the Kucherov-Grigorenko-Gusev line, which as you pointed out has real good chemistry. Grigorenko stands out the most overall, his game package is something my Habs could REALLY use, but the other two have been real good as well.

didnt Kucherov-Grigorenko-Gusev play together in junior though? if so, they are used to playing together

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
just got home and missed the 1st period. not happy about the low score again.. is it bad finishing or is this goalie really saving everything in sight?

batsui

Nov 13, 2010
Wow, Grigorenko got SMASHED! He's on the ice in some pain. Big, clean hit coming out of his own zone and his left ankle got folded.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
OW **** nasty twist on that ankle. who gives a **** about this tournament, terrible blow for that kid, nearly pointless tournament could ruin his whole career

batsui

Nov 13, 2010
just got home and missed the 1st period. not happy about the low score again.. is it bad finishing or is this goalie really saving everything in sight?

20% Russians not finishing
80% Latvian goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad