GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I think that realistically there's a bigger chance that team Russia had drank vodka all day and won't show up and we get 5-0 technical win than us winning against Russia in a game... Jokes aside, our players, of course, don't think so. Couple of goals would be nice, like vs Sweden...
According to bookmakers (betfair, for instance) there's a 2-4% chance that Latvia is going to win today. So that's going to happen roughly once in every 25 games.

Russia has played ~150 games in the WJC since the early 90s and not once they haven't showed up due to binge drinking, which statistically means that the chance of that happening is significantly smaller than the possibility of us beating them this evening. Unless you know something that the rest of us don't.

[/autism]

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
According to bookmakers (betfair, for instance) there's a 2-4% chance that Latvia is going to win today. So that's going to happen roughly once in every 25 games.

Russia has played ~150 games in the WJC since the early 90s and not once they haven't showed up due to binge drinking, which statistically means that the chance of that happening is significantly smaller than the possibility of us beating them this evening. Unless you know something that the rest of us don't.

[/autism]

you can't explain everything by statistics. Anyway that was just a joke :laugh::D

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Im going to be bold today. I have heard a rumor the players on russia dont like their coach, but they still do like to win. The ruskies will pick up the W, but drive their coach nuts by keeping it close, which may or may not backfire. in a russia win, it will be 4-2. If latvia surprises, they squeak by and win 3-2.

I am hoping Latvia wins they know they really arent supposed to have a chance, but still give 110% every game. Oh and I usher at the games this year in Calgary, and pretty much idolize latvia and bought a Jersey. Go Latvia! Go Canada!

Fulcrum

Im going to be bold today. I have heard a rumor the players on russia dont like their coach, but they still do like to win. The ruskies will pick up the W, but drive their coach nuts by keeping it close, which may or may not backfire. in a russia win, it will be 4-2. If latvia surprises, they squeak by and win 3-2.

I am hoping Latvia wins they know they really arent supposed to have a chance, but still give 110% every game. Oh and I usher at the games this year in Calgary, and pretty much idolize latvia and bought a Jersey. Go Latvia! Go Canada!

:laugh: okaaaay...

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Well there is my laugh of the day.

Dares

May 13, 2009

Where did you get that from ??

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
and i did hear that Russia doesnt like thier coach, any truth to that?
IMO no, Bragin is best coach of U20 russian NT for last few years in my eyes

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Guys relax. I was kidding. I know Russia has the W, I think. But I can always hope Latvia will win cant I?

and i did hear that Russia doesnt like thier coach, any truth to that?

I was laughing about the coach thing. Doesn't make sense one bit. Bragin is a very good coach and by the interviews seems liked.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
I was laughing about the coach thing. Doesn't make sense one bit. Bragin is a very good coach and by the interviews seems liked.

Ok, I apologize if I seemed like I was sure this was true in my first post. Now that this rumor is fried, I'll change my prediction to 7-1 Russia. Or 12-0 Latvia :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad