GDT: Group A • Dec. 27 • Slovakia 3, Latvia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I don't understand why there's a TSN feed of it (through fasthockey), but it's not being televised. WTF is that random TSNALT channel that we supposedly get anyway? Why is there never anything on it, and why isn't this game?

Let's be honest, would it be worth it to TSN to show this game? I don't think the numbers would be there to justify it.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For those that didn't see it. Faceoff in Slovak zone. Minute and change left. Latvia didn't pull it's 'tender. Latvia wins the faceoff. Sets up and still doesn't pull the goalie. Slovaks eventually ice it and it gets waived off for some unknown reason.

Jurco is something special. I like Mraz as well and Tvrdon had a nice game. #6 (Trska) on the back end is very good as well.

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
To win, your best have to be your best and tonight Tvrdon & Jurco were clearly the best.

I thought Marincin was solid too. He was on Pelss all night, who accomplished little more than goofy individual efforts.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Let's be honest, would it be worth it to TSN to show this game? I don't think the numbers would be there to justify it.

More than anything, I have a channel called TSNALT. it's one channel higher than TSN2. I don't understand why you wouldn't just put it on when you have some random channel that you don't even use...

Regardless, I'm delighted by the Slovak win.

Lets go for the gold! :cheers:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
For those that didn't see it. Faceoff in Slovak zone. Minute and change left. Latvia didn't pull it's 'tender. Latvia wins the faceoff. Sets up and still doesn't pull the goalie. Slovaks eventually ice it and it gets waived off for some unknown reason.

Jurco is something special. I like Mraz as well and Tvrdon had a nice game. #6 on the back end is very good as well.

Maybe the ref didn´t call the ciing because he thought the goalie was going to play the puck since he came out of the net kinda?

Jurčo and Tvrdoň playing like this is exactly what we need, Mráz had nice moments. And I liked Matoušek´s play as well, obviously he might not be an offensive powerforce like the other mentioned players, but what he´s playing is what you want to see from the guy wearing the C.

No. 6 is Peter Trška, he played already last year at the tourney. I think he was involved in the Latvian goal though.

EDIT: Pelss was good, he is pretty fast.

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
Good game by the slovak boys and the must win is a reality after all. Jurčo and Tvrdoň with some nice dangles, the twin towers Marinčin and Gernát stood high too. Pleasantly surprised with Trška, he had some good rushes and Matoušek played well too. Daňo was invisible.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I think SVK was very poor at faceoffs. It got to the point that they positioned themselves fully expecting the centre to lose the faceoff. Not sure that can be improved really, this team doesn't have many natural centres and Dano looks really young out there.

The pressure is off now for a bit. Just go into the game versus Russia tomorrow and do the best you can.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007

Faceoff automatically gets waived off if the goalie is out of the crease.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I hope this is Miluns last championship coaching the LV team. They guy is clueless. They should have just had Nolan do the coaching for these guys too. I didn't think I'd be too upset if they lost this one, but they had every chance to win and didn't jump on it. I still have faith they'll avoid relegation, but they have to do something about that lifeless powerplay. At least the PK managed to finally kill of an entire penalty.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Well, this is nowhere near as close as some of the previous wins over the Latvians at the WJC, but this is a much superior Latvian team to those that we faced in those games back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad