Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2012 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP A
DECEMBER 27, 2011
8:00 PM MT • 10:00 PM ET • 04:00 CET (DEC. 28) • 05:00 EET (DEC. 28)

flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

flames-out.jpg

SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME, CALGARY
(CAPACITY: 19,289)

Slovakia
Official lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
12 Richard Mráz​
|
26 Matúš Chovan​
|
13 Tomáš Jurčo​
|-
17 Marek Tvrdoň​
|
8 Michal Toman​
|
22 Miloš Bubela​
|-
27 Tomáš Matoušek (C)
|
16 Matej Bene (A)
|
19 Vladimír Dolník​
|-
10 Matej Hinďoš​
|
20 Martin Ďaloga​
|
29 Marko Daňo​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
21 Martin Marinčin​
|
25 Martin Gernát​
|-
3 Adam JánošÃ­k (A)
|
14 Peter Čerešňák​
|-
11 Michal Čajkovský​
|
6 Peter Trška​
|-
5 Peter Bezuška​
|
7 Mário Kurali​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
1 Juraj Šimboch​
|
30 Dominik Riečický​
|
-​

Scratches | Reason
G 2 Richard Sabol|
Healthy​
|-

Latvia
Official lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
17 Dāvis Straupe​
|
22 Zemgus Girgensons (A)
|
9 Kristiāns Pelšs (C)
|-
23 Toms Andersons​
|
21 Teodors Bļugers​
|
11 Roberts Lipsbergs​
|-
14 Vitālijs Hvorostiņins​
|
12 Artūrs Kuzmenkovs​
|
16 Māris Diļevka​
|-
15 Jurijs Ziemiņš​
|
19 Edgars Kļaviņš​
|
28 Ņikita Jevpalovs​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
2 Kristaps Nīmanis​
|
7 Pauls Zvirbulis​
|
6 Artūrs Salija (A)
|
4 Edgars Siksna​
|
-​
|
18 Krišs Lipsbergs​
|
3 Ņikita Koļesņikovs​
|
-​
|
26 Krists Kalniņš​
|
10 Kristers Freibergs​
|
-​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
25 Kristers Gudļevskis​
|
30 Elviss Merzļikins​
|
-​

Scratches | Reason
G 1 Rihards Cimermanis|
Healthy​
|-

Officials
- | -
wde.gif
|Ian Croft
wca.gif
|Derek Zalaski
wde.gif
|André Schrader
wfi.gif
|Hannu Sormunen

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Anyone any info on the status of our injured players?

Btw Vaško is not even with the team anymore, he was the last cut ;)

Slovensko do toho!

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
Come on, so many injuries already (CAN, FIN, SWE, SVK)? That's so sad :help:

It appears that we played our best game vs Sweden all-time at WJC, so let's repeat the same output tonight :D

Last edited:

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
Disregarding the fact that the game will be very late I'll still watch this. Hopefully Latvia will be playing as hard as we played yesterday against Sweden and then I can see us winning this. I hope our players won't be tired though, they probably are all quite exhausted after the last game. After Girgensons yesterdays goal, I hope he'll have developed a taste for goals in this tournament and that he'll become an unstoppable machine :D. I wish the best to our guys !!!
Sarauj
latvia,0.gif
Sarauj!!!

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Disregarding the fact that the game will be very late I'll still watch this. Hopefully Latvia will be playing as hard as we played yesterday against Sweden and then I can see us winning this. I hope our players won't be tired though, they probably are all quite exhausted after the last game. After Girgensons yesterdays goal, I hope he'll have developed a taste for goals in this tournament and that he'll become an unstoppable machine :D. I wish the best to our guys !!!
Sarauj
latvia,0.gif
Sarauj!!!

Well, the game is so late for us that it technically is a very early game :D

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Go Latvijas repuklikas!
What language is that? :D

I have a good feeling about today's game and it should be a close contest in any case.

We've got a great offense, but a struggling D this year, so this is prolly going to be another game with 10+ goals.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

I have a good feeling about today's game and it should be a close contest in any case.

We've got a great offense, but a struggling D this year, so this is prolly going to be another game with 10+ goals.

Well, it´s opposite with Slovakia if the injured Ds are good to go, so I don´t see 10+ goals in this game tbh.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Is there anyone interesting besides Jurco and Girgensons?

It´s more of a guess with Latvia, but Pelss (Oilers 2010 7th round pick), Kolesnikovs from the QMJHL and two more 1994 forwards in Lipsbergs and Jevpalovs.

For Slovakia Marek Tvrdoň (Wings 4th rounder, high in WHL scoring) is an obvious choice, late 94 Marko Daňo might be young, but being one of the two only natural Cs on Team Slovakia he´ll probably won´t complein about lack of ice-time. Richard Mráz is one of the few Slovaks playing for Tatranskí Vlci in the MHL. On deffense i´s the four drafted guys obviously- but it´s unclear whether the 1993 guys ČereÅ¡ňák and Gernát will play tonight, chances are they won´t probably. The other two Martin Marinčin has struggled offensively in the WHL this year after putting up some numbers last year, but he still remains one of the Oilers best D prospects. Let´s just hope that he doesn´t get himself suspended as he did last year. The other one is Adam Jánošík, a 2010 3rd round pick of the Bolts, he´s been solid offensively for Slovakia over the years.

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
It´s more of a guess with Latvia, but Pelss (Oilers 2010 7th round pick), Kolesnikovs from the QMJHL and two more 1994 forwards in Lipsbergs and Jevpalovs.

For Slovakia Marek Tvrdoň (Wings 4th rounder, high in WHL scoring) is an obvious choice, late 94 Marko Daňo might be young, but being one of the two only natural Cs on Team Slovakia he´ll probably won´t complein about lack of ice-time. Richard Mráz is one of the few Slovaks playing for Tatranskí Vlci in the MHL. On deffense i´s the four drafted guys obviously- but it´s unclear whether the 1993 guys ČereÅ¡ňák and Gernát will play tonight, chances are they won´t probably. The other two Martin Marinčin has struggled offensively in the WHL this year after putting up some numbers last year, but he still remains one of the Oilers best D prospects. Let´s just hope that he doesn´t get himself suspended as he did last year. The other one is Adam Jánošík, a 2010 3rd round pick of the Bolts, he´s been solid offensively for Slovakia over the years.

For me the most intriguing prospect on Slovakia is Daňo. I don´t expect him to carry us on his back, but he should be able to gain some points, as he is supposed to center our first line with Jurčo on his wing. I consider him as a better prospect than Jurčo. Scoutman1 has him as a top 15 prospect for 2013NHL draft.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere

Sorry, I meant "Latvijas Republika". That's what happens when you type too fast!

:)

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
I was at the Slovakia - Finland game in Buffalo, and really the only guy that Slovakia had who was any good was Richard Panik, and he's no longer on the team. Also, losing to Finland 3-0 is a sign of bad things..

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
For me the most intriguing prospect on Slovakia is Daňo. I don´t expect him to carry us on his back, but he should be able to gain some points, as he is supposed to center our first line with Jurčo on his wing. I consider him as a better prospect than Jurčo. Scoutman1 has him as a top 15 prospect for 2013NHL draft.

The fact with those two just is that you can´t forget the difference of age and experience. Jurčo is already in his 3rd season of NA hockey and has WJC experience as well. Compared to that this is think the first major NA tourney for Daňo, he will play at as he was with the U18s during the U17 WHC last year. Unlike with Jurčo who is known for all his puck magic (yeah, I know he has other qualities as well), with Daňo from what I´ve seen (and from what scouts report) is the way that he thinks the game, but there is a huge difference thinking the game on the big Euro ice and to think it on the small NA ice, also with many of the WJC games being played in a higher tempo than the Slovak league. But if we even want to think about QF we need both of these guys playing some big games and playing well together.

Last edited:

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I'll be cheering for the Latvians because they're loud and crazy in the building. But they really need to staple that defenceman #3 to the bench, that kid is a turnover machine.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
should be a close game, I just hope we havent spent too much energy on swedes.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
any stream? besides fasthockey

Right now doesn't seem so hopeful, at least right now nobody has set up any streams on any sites, at least I couldn't find them. Maybe when the game will be about to start some streams will appear. Then I'll post them but I'd still recommend to sign up on fasthockey to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad