GDT: Group A • Dec. 27 • Slovakia 3, Latvia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Won't be easy for us as for Slovakia this will be one of the ''must win'' games. If Gudlevskis plays a lot better than yesterday and defense show better performance, maybe we can grab a point... I believe in our offense, maybe nothing much there but 3 lines scored yesterday vs Sweden and we made the most out of our chances, if we're there offensively, it'll help a lot...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Won't be easy for us as for Slovakia this will be one of the ''must win'' games. If Gudlevskis plays a lot better than yesterday and defense show better performance, maybe we can grab a point... I believe in our offense, maybe nothing much there but 3 lines scored yesterday vs Sweden and we made the most out of our chances, if we're there offensively, it'll help a lot...

Gudlevskis looked tired after only two periods against Swedes, I'm worried that won't have enough time to recuperate for this game. And hopefully, Slovakian forwards won't be able to forecheck our D into our own back boards like Swedes did.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is my upset pick of the tournament. Slovakia doesn't seem to have a lot of offensive firepower, they didn't score in 2 warmup gamees, and didn't play yesterday so they may be rusty. Latvia looked good against Sweden, scored a few goals, though their defense looked very weak. If Latvia can get a couple early they can hang on. 3-2 Latvia

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
latvian fans, I have a little problem with Juris ZiemiņÅ¡ (´93, Riga Juniors, MHL „B“). IIHF.com says he is D, when I look at league site, it says he is F. What possition does he play? thx

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
At 18:35 local time coach Bokros added Bezuska, Ceresnak, and Gernat to the Slovak roster.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
I don't feel good about this game.

But then again, I never do.
Me too, so don't worry :laugh: Actually I hope we get something here but there are so much people who really think that we can win this game that I feel we're in for another disappointment... that's our usual state in U20, U18 elite- disappointment, though at least we an explain it with too few ice arenas, too few players, small country, economic problems, Latvian Hockey Federation and numerous other problems our hockey faces... :laugh:

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
..., though at least we an explain it with too few ice arenas, too few players, small country, economic problems, Latvian Hockey Federation and numerous other problems our hockey faces... :laugh:

Hey, wait there for a second, I thought those are our excuses. ;)

Anyway, hoping for a good game. Good luck and please no injuries.

Fulcrum

just out of curiosity, how many MHL players on Latvia, Slovakian teams?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I'll be cheering for the Latvians because they're loud and crazy in the building. But they really need to staple that defenceman #3 to the bench, that kid is a turnover machine.

That kid is their best defenseman. He plays in the QMJHL and is actually pretty good. He doesn't have a whole lot to work with though, so he may look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad