Value of: Griffin Reinhart

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
A sixth round conditional pick?

The Oilers put him on waivers and no one claimed him.

The Islanders legitimately drafted an ISS top 5 pick, and he didn't develop. He had trouble with foot speed and pivots, and never worked to correct it. He's a lazy guy. Tavares was criticized for his lack of foot speed in his draft year, and he corrected it year after year by working with Dawn Braid. Reinhart doesn't care.

They didn't waive him, he's ineligible for waivers. And he is fairly young I think it's too early to say he's worthless. 3rd/4th seems right.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
This post is awesome. You know when your cross town rivals are grabbing at straws it's a very good sign they are starting to have a inferiority complex.

I mean, Barzal is a small skilled C and the Oilers likely wouldn't have taken him. He's not really grasping at straws.

Also, that poster is a Edmonton fan, not a Rangers fan.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I apologize... I took your comment the wrong way. I see you were correcting the other poster not being a smart ass. I was being defensive because of most of the other comments in this thread. My bad.

Fair enough - and yeah, I can understand being a tad defensive under the circumstances. (Been there myself, in situations involving the player in question even. :D )

* * *​
Except that the Viqsi post that could possibly be interpretted that way came after your post about Isles, Sens, and Jackets fans bashing draft picks, and regardless that doesn't address the non-existent posts by Isles or Sens fans. :shakehead

1) I was addressing a different post.
2) If you count "ha ha you picked Yakupov" as draft pick bashing (which I would), then those other posts do in fact exist (alongside several more reasonable ones, but that's how this goes sometimes).
3) Why keep pushing when the poster has already backed down and apologized? Seems inappropriate and a little petty.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Fair enough - and yeah, I can understand being a tad defensive under the circumstances. (Been there myself, in situations involving the player in question even. :D )

* * *​

1) I was addressing a different post.
2) If you count "ha ha you picked Yakupov" as draft pick bashing (which I would), then those other posts do in fact exist (alongside several more reasonable ones, but that's how this goes sometimes).
3) Why keep pushing when the poster has already backed down and apologized? Seems inappropriate and a little petty.

This is the only thing I could find remotely close to that:
Nino is a good hockey player. Better than having a 1st overall bust.

And even that was in response to an Oilers' fan (I think he is at least) saying all Isles top-5 picks are worthless.

Hardly as though people coming out in droves to bash the Oilers picks, especially the Sens and Jackets fans which just didn't happen. As a matter of fact the biggest draft pick bashing.that can be found in htis thread is that post directed at Isles fans, so I don't see why an Oilers fan would be crying about it.

And I keep "pushing" it because my #1 pet peeve is victim's complexes and every team's belief that they get unfairly hated on, so I call out the bs when I see it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flames have sentimental value to the Reinharts.

Maybe they can exchange prospects, Kanzig or Hunter Smith are available

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I was very high on Reinhart. I even argued with other isles posters who from the very beginning said he was Ty Wishart 2.0. Its starting to look like it. I really hope he's just taking longer to develop and he eventually makes it.

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
I was very high on Reinhart. I even argued with other isles posters who from the very beginning said he was Ty Wishart 2.0. Its starting to look like it. I really hope he's just taking longer to develop and he eventually makes it.

I hope not, I wanna laugh at oiler fans the rest of my life

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
He hasn't improved at all since his draft year. Infact his draft +1 and +2 he posted stagnating numbers and then went on to be unimpressive in the AHL.

since the trade to the Oilers he hadn't developed needed footspeed, or quicker decision making, or more physicality.

Most of us Oiler fans hated this trade, dislike Reinhart, and firmly believe this was a Kevin Lowe OBC move forced onto Chia.

The Oilers hired Oilkings Green for our amateur scout, and we've since stockpiled several former Oilkings without a single one of them panning out.

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
From a Pens perspective, I wouldn't even claim him on waivers. I'm sure some team would give a late round pick though.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The Flames have sentimental value to the Reinharts.

Maybe they can exchange prospects, Kanzig or Hunter Smith are available

Why he's terrible and he's not able to skate at a NHL level, plus he's a big guy with the temperament of a roll of toilet paper.

He's got a negative worth right now, I doubt teams are lining up for a guy that's probably going to be a career AHL'er

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
You're the only one spouting out here. There's no overwhelming majority. And there's absolutely no substance to your claims here. It's "They're good. He's not. Take my word for it." Nice opinion.

There does, in fact, appear to be an overwhelming majority.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2134299

Poll got closed because it was so lopsided. 28-1 amongst unbiased posters in favor of Koekkoek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad