Value of: Griffin Reinhart

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Everybody rags on Kevin Lowe, Craig McTabish the Oilers braintrust for drafting Nail Yakupov No. 1 overall, but unless Reinhart picks it up, Chiarelli's deal with Isles might end up being even worse....The 16th overall pick (Mathew Barzal, who's apparently made their opening-night roster) and an early second rounder. Ouch!

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
"You know they say all men are created equal. But you look at me and you look at Mathew Barzal and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another hockey player, you got a 50-50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal. So you got a 25 per cent - at best - to beat me. And then you add Anthony Beauvillier to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. You see, the three way at Sacrifice you got a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning. But I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning cause Anthony Beauvillier knows he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try. So Mathew Barzal, you take your 33 and 1/3 chance, minus my 25 per cent chance and you got an 8 and 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75 per cent chance of winning if it goes one on one and then add the 66 and 2/3 per cent chance, I got a 141 and 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Barzal, the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice."

- Griffin Reinhart​

I actually laughed at this.

Every Oiler fan knows; if they had a magic wand to erase that trade, they would wave it around like crazy.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
LMAO, I agree that Reinhart is worth nothing. But your logic has really got me belly laughing. By this logic, you could have Puljujarvi for a 6th rounder guys ... any takers? Get it while its hot.

You must be the most clever guy at your school with such a thought provoking analysis.:handclap:

For someone with such a sarcastic post, I'm just wondering why it's so difficult to comprehend that I was not being serious in my post.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I can see a team or two playing hot potato with him on the waiver wire a la Clendening, mainly due to his name and draft pedigree.

Probably Vegas and Columbus.

:shakehead

Hon? Griffin's a LHD. The Jackets' opening day roster has four LHDs on it - Murray, Werenski, Jack Johnson, and a kid named Nutivaara who just forced his way on thanks to an excellent camp. Where's Griffin going to play?

Seriously, that's like claiming Pittsburgh might put in a claim for Ondrej Pavelec.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Griffin must be hurt or something. Played only 4 games this year.

Connors website is real bad. Needs a menu in the worst way (unless it's there but didn't find it).

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Griffin must be hurt or something. Played only 4 games this year.

Connors website is real bad. Needs a menu in the worst way (unless it's there but didn't find it).

I figure one of two things is happening:

- Reinhart is hurt.
- The Oilers are running a long-con to lower Reinhart's value in advance of the expansion draft to ensure that he passes through unclaimed at which time he will rise from the ashes like a phoenix and immediately become a legit NHLer in time for the start of next season.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

- Reinhart is hurt.
- The Oilers are running a long-con to lower Reinhart's value in advance of the expansion draft to ensure that he passes through unclaimed at which time he will rise from the ashes like a phoenix and immediately become a legit NHLer in time for the start of next season.

Option 3, Reinhart figured out a new way to avoid contact.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

- Reinhart is hurt.

This theory would make sense if Reinhart wasn't a garbage hockey player. That would be a couple years long con :laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Reinhart is out with a back injury and rumors are its a bad one. So well see if hes back this year (pun intended). Anyway- his value is a 7th round pick- get him while hes hot!

Hes still got massive potential and upside. y massive mean a lesser Luke Schenn

If Vegas took Reinhart instead of Davidson I would faint, then awake and celebrate for 2 days straight

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This theory would make sense if Reinhart wasn't a garbage hockey player. That would be a couple years long con :laugh:

The strange thing is that towards the end of last season he was making strides. Not enough to make him worth being drafted 4th overall, but enough to make it look like he could carve out a decent career as a 4/5 defenseman. Then training camp hit and he looked undeerwhelming at best. Still, I wouldn't say he is "garbage" because of what he showed last year, although this injury has it looking like he may be a write-off.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
The strange thing is that towards the end of last season he was making strides. Not enough to make him worth being drafted 4th overall, but enough to make it look like he could carve out a decent career as a 4/5 defenseman. Then training camp hit and he looked undeerwhelming at best. Still, I wouldn't say he is "garbage" because of what he showed last year, although this injury has it looking like he may be a write-off.

Career trajectory is not looking good.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Real value . Lets see a broken back D who can't make the NHL . I heard the Oilers spent all their money on the new arena and are in need of some water bottle . Hoping for a dozen or 2 new ones . Anyone ?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Reinhart is out with a back injury and rumors are its a bad one. So well see if hes back this year (pun intended). Anyway- his value is a 7th round pick- get him while hes hot!

Hes still got massive potential and upside. y massive mean a lesser Luke Schenn

If Vegas took Reinhart instead of Davidson I would faint, then awake and celebrate for 2 days straight

a 1st or 2nd+3rd might convince vegas :nod:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Real value . Lets see a broken back D who can't make the NHL . I heard the Oilers spent all their money on the new arena and are in need of some water bottle . Hoping for a dozen or 2 new ones . Anyone ?

I'd trade Purcell for him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad