Recalled/Assigned: Greg McKegg called up, Strome on COVID protocol list

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
After one of Laf, Kakko or Chytil request a trade maybe people will finally admit the problem is our front office and not the prospects

I don't remember Chytil going apeshit when he got the same treatment.

All Kravtsov had to do was be better conditioned and not a terminal whiner. The Rangers are so mean to him. They should just give him a pacifier.

Reactions: Shadowtron

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
bc like most rules related to COVID.. they make no goddamn rational sense

Science is learning as it goes because this is a disease unlike we have ever faced before. So, when protocols change some people freak out.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Great, can’t wait to watch Gregg McPartyball skate around tonight. Let’s alienate more of our young players and run out retreads. I can’t think of a single reason on why we should play this guy over Barron.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I was surprised when McKegg was demoted without needing waivers again, so I tracked down dates and CBA verbage.
a key point that was misunderstood was that the 30 days limit related to 'days on NHL roster' since last cleared

The way the CBA (excerpt below) seems to read, both 10GP AND 30 days "on an NHL roster" would both have to have been met before Waivers needed again.
so, for now, at 8GP and ~24 days on NYR roster, McKegg was able to be demoted without exposure, and NYR still have some wiggle room to recall and re-demote ...

CBA 13.2 ... Player may be Loaned to a club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere expressly prohibited:
(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and
(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared,
and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed, since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.

Oct 4, 2021 New York Rangers Greg McKegg Cleared waivers, Minors
Oct 9, 2021 New York Rangers Greg McKegg NHL
Oct 10,2021 New York Rangers Greg McKegg Minors
Oct 15,2021 New York Rangers Greg McKegg NHL
Nov 6, 2021 New York Rangers Greg McKegg Minors
[ Transactions - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: Lua and Number 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad