Recalled/Assigned: Greg McKegg called up, Strome on COVID protocol list

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
AND Kakko on the PP?

I'm not holding my breath... i've been battered with horrendous roster choices,
Kakko has actually been on PP, and looked good on it. Because under Gallant they run both units almost equally. Which is awesome, because there is talent to do that. Under DQ they basically got like the last 30 seconds and had to start from their own end. Many people say Gallant hasn't yet done much different than DQ, but that is different. And the 2nd unit has been good as well.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
If we are not calling up Barron, please, for the love of God, put Goodrow at 3C and McKegg in the pressbox. I honestly do not understand the love McKegg gets from the front office and coaching staff.

Here's hoping we finally get an extended look at Chytil in the 2C spot.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
i don’t understand why it’s McKegg

McKegg does a bit of everything. He's like a swiss army knife. But he doesn't do any of it at an NHL level. So he's more like a swiss army knife but the blade is dull, the saw is missing most of its teeth, the tweezers are bent, and the toothpick hasn't been seen in at least 3 years.

Reactions: Ruggs225

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Good: no Strome, Chytil should get a shot, lines may get juggled, fine with a Stromeless NYR, now and forever.

Bad: the leg was our call-up choice? Yuck.

Reactions: bbny and LOFIN

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
McKegg does a bit of everything. He's like a swiss army knife. But he doesn't do any of it at an NHL level. So he's more like a swiss army knife but the blade is dull, the saw is missing most of its teeth, the tweezers are bent, and the toothpick hasn't been seen in at least 3 years.

Or like a fisher price toy Swiss Army knife. A level or two below the real deal and can’t actually do any of the things a real one can.

Reactions: LOFIN

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Chytil slides up to 2C. Goodrow moves over to 3C. Blais comes back into the lineup. McKegg eats hot dogs in the press box so none of the prospects in Hartford miss ice time.

All of this.

Barron wasn't gonna come up for 2 games anyways.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Chtyil could run away with this...he balances that line so much more then Strome. Kakko can actually play offense now.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Bummed about this. Now we have practically zero synergy amongst our forwards. Yikes. Also not cised to break up the top PP unit. Wish they were getting more share of the ice time honestly. They've been very democratic about changing on any clear that happens after like 40 seconds or so.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Chtyil could run away with this...he balances that line so much more then Strome. Kakko can actually play offense now.
I hope I'm not jinxing this... But imagine if that line scores a goal or two ES, PP1 scores with Kakko there instead of Strome, and they look good through the whole game? How can Gallant go back to Strome after that.

Now please, Chytil and Kakko: please use these opportunities and don't be like Gauthier.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Kravtsov no longer wants to be a Ranger, why would he be the callup?

Regardless, it should be Barron.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Bummed about this. Now we have practically zero synergy amongst our forwards. Yikes. Also not cised to break up the top PP unit. Wish they were getting more share of the ice time honestly. They've been very democratic about changing on any clear that happens after like 40 seconds or so.
If you thought there was some synergy with the top 2 lines in the first two games, I don't know what to tell you

Reactions: tomobson

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hopefully it makes PP 1 a little better and less predictable. Get a lefty in there darn it!

Also this shows that even with a vaccine, Covid can still get you. I speak for this from firsthand experience recovering as we speak.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kakko has actually been on PP, and looked good on it. Because under Gallant they run both units almost equally. Which is awesome, because there is talent to do that. Under DQ they basically got like the last 30 seconds and had to start from their own end. Many people say Gallant hasn't yet done much different than DQ, but that is different. And the 2nd unit has been good as well.
I meant PP1 on the right wall.

I believe Gallant will make adjustments as we progress

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I wonder who they will move up to pp1. Right side wall is Kakko's natural side but Laf has a better shot. Definitely needs to be one of those two since it's so important for them to start scoring and gaining some confidence. I would move Laf up this way Lundkvist plays his natural position on pp2.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
It will be interesting to see what Gallant does here in the event Chytil really looks great in that position. Does he defer back to Strome and reattach him to Panarin's hip or does he let Chytil stick? Chytil has all the ability to take that spot and keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig