Recalled/Assigned: Greg McKegg called up, Strome on COVID protocol list

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Good: no Strome, Chytil should get a shot, lines may get juggled, fine with a Stromeless NYR, now and forever.

Bad: the leg was our call-up choice? Yuck.

This team is weak enough down center.
How do you figure it's OK?
It's not fine Strome-less smh

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Not having Strome for one game is fine. This is one of the few ways for younger players get their chances. He's not dealing with an injury and he'll probably be back after the Montreal game.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

If Strome is going to treat these first few games like preseason or junior scrimmages, it’s perfectly fine with me. Give Chytil a look at 2C and Goodrow at 3C. I mean, when are we going to give Chytil a chance? Strome being out forces the situation and is possibly the only way it was going to happen. If Chytil can make some noise we may finally see that Strome isn’t necessary just because he butters Panarin’s bread and we can potentially move on from him.

Strome is one of the reasons we’re weak down center. He isn’t a responsible player and he’s prone to weak plays, weak penalties, etc. If Chytil is ever going to grow into the 2C role, he needs the opportunity to do so. Goodrow is a perfectly adequate 3C. IF Chytil can be a 2C, Strome is expendable. If Chytil can’t be, we should still be looking for a better rounded center than Strome.

Last edited:

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
How the hell does this happen? How does ONE guy get put into protocol but no one else around him does? I don't understand the rule or the mechanics of this. is it that he doesn't have it but like his girlfriend or whatever does?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
If Strome is going to treat these first few games like preseason or junior scrimmages, it’s perfectly fine with me. Give Chytil a look at 2C and Goodrow at 3C. I mean, when are we going to give Chytil a chance? Strome being out forces the situation and is possibly the only way it was going to happen. If Chytil can make some noise we may finally see that Strome isn’t necessary just because he butters Panarin’s bread and we can potentially move on from him.

Where's your callout on Zib and Panarin?
Ultimately, I'm with you on Chytil.
I'd love to see him own #2C but until that happens, Strome is still an important player to this team and it's not "good" that he's out for any game.
They're even weaker defensively down the middle without Strome.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How the hell does this happen? How does ONE guy get put into protocol but no one else around him does? I don't understand the rule or the mechanics of this. is it that he doesn't have it but like his girlfriend or whatever does?

That's most likely it. Close contact tracing.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Strome is one of the worst defensive players on this team. I'm dead f***ing serious. Calling him a center is a joke because he can't take faceoffs either.

He's a nice lad, but should be a winger idealy. Certainly not a 2nd line center on team that's trying to make the playoffs.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Where's your callout on Zib and Panarin?
Ultimately, I'm with you on Chytil.
I'd love to see him own #2C but until that happens, Strome is still an important player to this team and it's not "good" that he's out for any game.

Zib and Panarin aren’t out of the lineup, thus this thread isn’t about them. If you want to see me say “Zib, Panarin and Strome need to wake up” go to last nights GDT and post game thread. It’s there. Here, I’m discussing the fact that this creates an opportunity for Chytil, which we need to see him given if we’re ever going to utilize him as more than a scrap without a role.

Reactions: Ruggs225

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You'll are nuts.
We need all the help we can get down the middle right now.
I'm not calling Strome a savior but his absence creates a problem.
That said, this isn't training camp anymore.
The season has already started and time for experiments is over.
I love Chytil's game but has he run away with the #2C spot yet?
Hellz no so until someone does or they make a trade, Strome is very much needed..

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

bc like most rules related to COVID.. they make no goddamn rational sense

Reactions: Ail

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Personally I wanna see Paju over Barron
Get Pajuniemi up if he can get a top-6 role due injury. Or at least 3rd line. No point in bringing him up to act as a 4th liner, the guy is a sniper. Barron AFAIK is much more suitable for bottom-6 game.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Get Pajuniemi up if he can get a top-6 role due injury. Or at least 3rd line. No point in bringing him up to act as a 4th liner, the guy is a sniper. Barron AFAIK is much more suitable for bottom-6 game.

Fair enough, but I think he could work on the 3rd line for a few games. I just feel like people wanna rush Barron, but that's how Howdens are made.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

The same way I was the only one at the wedding table I was at who tested positive.

There's no rhyme nor reason. Someone in his building, getting a haircut, his wife got it from work, grocery shopping, which vaccine and when, etc.

And just because he was with other people doesn't mean they're gonna get it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fair enough, but I think he could work on the 3rd line for a few games. I just feel like people wanna rush Barron, but that's how Howdens are made.
I would love Pajuniemi to make it, I didn't think he had what it takes when he still played for us (at TPS). Thought he would be a very good player for Europe and that's it. But he has shown some promise, and his shot seems even better than what it was in Finland. I just don't want him to be tossed to a grinding role with Rooney and Reaves. When there's a spot open for a top-9 winger and maybe PP, that's when you can call him up.

I hope he lights it up this year in the AHL. Scored in his 1st period, so on pace for something like 200 goals this year I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad