Confirmed with Link: Greenway to Buffalo for a 2nd and a 5th

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I’d say Luke Kunin never reached his ceiling or close to it and it was wise to take what we were offered for him.
I mean he put up 0.5 PPG at 5v5 during his 21 year old season, I don’t think he really had time to reach his potential prime.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I am going to laugh if the value wasn't there was because of the 5th.

We'll give you a second rounder...

Eh...

Okay we'll throw in a used Lehner jersey we found in the locker room and this old LaFontaine helmet

Tempting

What about a fifth?

A fifth of what? Scotch, whiskey?

No a fifth round pick

I'd rather have the scotch...

Guerin...

Okay deal

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Looks like Guerin has a habit of dumping players he doesn't like in Buffalo, he knows that most players would prefer to go elsewhere :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Looks like Guerin has a habit of dumping players he doesn't like in Buffalo, he knows that most players would prefer to go elsewhere :laugh:

Buffalo is setup really well now for the longterm now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They got really lucky with the O'Reilly trade

They could have been much luckier if Binnington didn't save the season for them.

STL was looking at falling into the 11-15 range for the 2019 (Boldy) draft, and BUF would have had that pick.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Did Greenway stop playing after he signed his contract extension?

I don't personally think so. I think it's more or less of a combination of bad luck and injured shoulder.

His analytics are basically on par with his previous three seasons. And he never really "looked" like he was trying hard, being that big.

I think he'll rebound nicely next season if he gets healthy.

Reactions: Northerner

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is all about the cap next year. Can’t afford any passengers. last year I considered him near untouchable, but really started to sour on him.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
This is all about the cap next year. Can’t afford any passengers. last year I considered him near untouchable, but really started to sour on him.
I've learned the hard way as well. I was all for the signing because he was the final piece of the key GREEF line but I'm learning that line combos, even key ones, have an expiration date (whether through injury, someone is traded/signed somewhere else). And if their key selling point is how he plays with others and not from his own ability, it becomes a risky bet.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Never thought he had another step to take, wish we would have traded him last year when his value was highest. But this deal is good because even if he rebounds I'll still be happy with a second.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
$9 million isnt even that much ($4.5 after tax). I mean, for me it is, but for a young athlete? That would be easy to plow through. He had better start working again if he wants to get a truly life-changing contract in two years.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Good return. Duhaime looks ready to fill his spot on this roster, and at a better cap hit.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Duhaime has a habit of getting knocked out in fights...
You weren’t kidding! At all. There’s a fan view on Twitter and boy did he get smoked. Appreciate the effort but he better learn to protect himself.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
No doubt Greenway will play better in Buffalo. He was fairly useless other than along the boards but ultimately had zero hands. I was sure he’d be great in playoffs shielding the puck but It seems the shutdown “identity” left the building.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm good with this return. Wanted a 3rd or higher at the very least, otherwise I would have wanted to keep him.

For what it's worth, I still like him, I just didn't like this season for him. I hope he kicks ass in Buffalo.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
I always thought Greenway Coleraine played like he was 5-6 instead of 6-6. I can see why BG wanted him gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00