Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
How was Sebrango ?
I was very impressed, very forceful in the corners and made good outlet passes. Didnt notice him at all in the offensive zone. But still for his age very impressive.

Really goes to show that the chl need to let some of these kids make the jump to the professional level instead of stagnating playing jrs.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I was very impressed, very forceful in the corners and made good outlet passes. Didnt notice him at all in the offensive zone. But still for his age very impressive.

Really goes to show that the chl need to let some of these kids make the jump to the professional level instead of stagnating playing jrs.
I expect him to be bigger version of Stecher. Loved that pic

Reactions: wingerdinger

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
EuN09A2XMAIz6GP

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nice to hear. We need that skill guy on left side.

He was deployed on the right last night and looked the better for it... Which is sort of interesting, I know we project other right-handed guys to come along, but he looked a lot more comfortable on his offside. I think it causes him to be better positioned defensively in terms of taking away the center of the ice first on his forehand.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He was deployed on the right last night and looked the better for it... Which is sort of interesting, I know we project other right-handed guys to come along, but he looked a lot more comfortable on his offside. I think it causes him to be better positioned defensively in terms of taking away the center of the ice first on his forehand.

Damn, that's just pity.

He should learn the left side NOW, because when we are finally having enough righties as prospects, then we have a lefty who can't play on the left side. :help::facepalm:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
forgot to mention kids tough as nails. he blocked a shot was in visible pain yet kept harassing and hurrying guys all over the ice. Kid looks like a real gamer.

Wanna see him in the CHL this year but hes becoming one of my favourite later round prospects. Some on this board think he shouldnt have been drafted at all and there he is looking decent in the AHL already, nice

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
forgot to mention kids tough as nails. he blocked a shot was in visible pain yet kept harassing and hurrying guys all over the ice. Kid looks like a real gamer.

This is what I want to hear. Everything I've read about this kid post-draft I've liked. And even if his ceiling is 3rd pair in the NHL, I like a gamer with sandpaper there. Guy who will go through a wall and motivate his teammates. Same way I like LFG.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

You can always go to Europe. Only AHL will block canadian juniors.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This could be a situation where Blashill just gave Smith some things to work on and the organization wants him playing as much as possible to work on those things, and they know that when Bertuzzi and Helm are healthy, Smith is probably out of the picture. The same marching orders that were given to Rasmussen when he was sent down, and the orders given to Cholowski when he didn't make the roster.

I don't know if it's a health thing where they were waiting to see Svechnikov show that he had some spark left, or if they are just quitting on his development and if someone has to sit around doing nothing, then he would be the guy. Maybe they are getting him some games in to make him eligible for exposure in the expansion draft, if that's a hurdle to clear. Maybe they just saw something early in the GR season that really says that he is ready to make the full time jump to the NHL. There's a lot of maybes surrounding the Svechnikov thing. This really is like his last controlled year to make a statement in the NHL.

I'm hoping Svechnikov functions as this year's Fabbri, only we didn't have to trade for him.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
This could be a situation where Blashill just gave Smith some things to work on and the organization wants him playing as much as possible to work on those things, and they know that when Bertuzzi and Helm are healthy, Smith is probably out of the picture. The same marching orders that were given to Rasmussen when he was sent down, and the orders given to Cholowski when he didn't make the roster.

I don't know if it's a health thing where they were waiting to see Svechnikov show that he had some spark left, or if they are just quitting on his development and if someone has to sit around doing nothing, then he would be the guy. Maybe they are getting him some games in to make him eligible for exposure in the expansion draft, if that's a hurdle to clear. Maybe they just saw something early in the GR season that really says that he is ready to make the full time jump to the NHL. There's a lot of maybes surrounding the Svechnikov thing. This really is like his last controlled year to make a statement in the NHL.

I'm hoping Svechnikov functions as this year's Fabbri, only we didn't have to trade for him.
Amen brother, because I really like the kid. Plays the game the right way, when healthy.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, something like that. Also it could be that waivers thing.

Svechnikov was put on waivers on that early seasom MASS waivering, when every team did put 10 guys on waivers. All teams have players healthy and nobody is claiming anybody at all. There is a good chance to get guys through, when guys like Tyler Johnson are there.

Now, month after, it's different. Now you have to have a waiver-free guy like Givani Smith to be sent down, because there's 10-times bigger waiver-claim risk.

So, they did give Givani's NHL shot at first, and now they will experiment Svechnikov.

It would have been harder to do opposite ways. If Svechni is up, and you like to get experiment with Smith, you have to waive somebody, or wait for an injury. There's less control. Now, it sounds like it goes like planned.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I don’t know what to think, just following from afar, but maybe just maybe, Ras, Hirose, and Cholowski belong in the Wings starting lineup, not the Griffins starting lineup.

2 assists for Taro and Dennis tonight

Reactions: RedMenace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad