Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anchor Town*

He really wasn't though. He started off as the 7th man. He took Smith's job 5 games in. He stayed in the line-up. He was taken out for 2 games when Kindl returned late in the season. Lashoff was an everyday'er. Kindl and Smith sat for Lashoff more than the other way around. Smith/Lashoff pretty even actually.

So he really was scratched in favor of Kindl and Smith multiple times? And at the end of the season means more than at the beginning of the season

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
And at the end of the year was playing super sheltered minutes with Kindl looking like crap, while Smith was on the top pairing with Kronwall looking great most of the time and below average occasionally.

Lashoff is still the #7 and will be replaced as soon as the Wings feel good with either Almquist or another rookie being a full time Wing.

Based on our issues on defense it makes more sense to have AA as the #7 since he can move the puck and play the PP. We have DK, E, Kronner and possibly someone else to play good defense.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I can't deal with another year of Lashoff. Just play the kids. Package Lashoff with Andersson and Kindl for a 3rd round draft pick.

NyquistIsMyGod*

AHLive. I may be interested in this next season. What's the price? I couldn't find it. Would I be able to watch over my phone and/or PS3?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I keep foreseeing a situation where the Wings sign a free agent and call up someone from the 2011 draft class and then instead of giving Almquist a shot as the #7 they waive him for the sake of keeping Lashoff around

that would really piss me off

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Lashoff is already under contract, to specifically fill that role. And Babcock likes big safe players, over small skilled ones.

Id prefer Almquist to be the #7 defenseman over Lashoff too, I just doubt it happens.

I think they have determined he doesn't have a future with the club, with the abundance of defensive prospects we have coming up.

Almqvist can easily replace Kindl. Hell, he should have replaced him at least one year ago, maybe two. Now can he stay healthy in the NHL or will he get Mursak'd? We could find out next season. His window is going to be very small.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Lashoff is already under contract, to specifically fill that role. And Babcock likes big safe players, over small skilled ones.

Id prefer Almquist to be the #7 defenseman over Lashoff too, I just doubt it happens.

I think they have determined he doesn't have a future with the club, with the abundance of defensive prospects we have coming up.

anyone who thinks Lashoff is "safe" is delusional

he's a defensive defenseman who sucks at playing defense

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Lashoff's first season was much better than his second one. Perhaps he was simply playing more sheltered minutes.

Either way, he'll be waived sooner or later.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Lashoff's first season was much better than his second one. Perhaps he was simply playing more sheltered minutes.

Either way, he'll be waived sooner or later.

he was awful his first year,it just took some people a while to realize how awful he was

then he was a bit less bad early on this year before taking a nosedive again

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Later this week or early next week, it's expected that the Wings will announce that Grand Rapids head coach Jeff Blashill has agreed to a contract extension, which will include a significant bump in pay.

Like Babcock, Blashill is in the final year of his deal, and the Wings want to keep Blashill around for two reasons: He's a terrific coach, and just in case Babcock bolts at the end of the 2014-15 season.

I found this in the mid day report from Malik. Certainly, this is good news.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...ing-and?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
McIntyre signed a contract in Finland. Same team where Emmerton played one game during the lockout.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
McIntyre signed a contract in Finland. Same team where Emmerton played one game during the lockout.

Mantha - Athanasiou - Pulkkinen
Hoggan - Ferraro - Callahan
Tvrdon - Nestrasil - Frk
Campbell - Aubry - Parkes

Ouellet - Sproul
Bäckman - Marchenko
Jensen - Paetsch

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Is it realistic to think that AA can play center? I know he has the speed for it, but it takes more than skating ability to be a good center.

What about Janmark?

Hopefully this upcoming draft can add to our center prospect pool like the 2011 draft re-made our defenseman prospects. I like Sheahan, but they need to hit on another 1 or 2 within the next few drafts.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is it realistic to think that AA can play center? I know he has the speed for it, but it takes more than skating ability to be a good center.

What about Janmark?

I think Athanasiou has the creativity on his game to be a TOP6 center. Not a pure playmaker -style like Järnkrok was, but he still has that mind.

Just put him with Kris Draper to learn the defence, a perfect Red Wings -style 200-yard game.

Don't know about Janmark, he looks more of a finisher like Franzen.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I wish we had Janmark in GR

Mattias Janmark (2013-14) - Signed to a one-year contract by Frolunda (Sweden)

splot

Jun 12, 2014

What about Janmark?

Hopefully this upcoming draft can add to our center prospect pool like the 2011 draft re-made our defenseman prospects. I like Sheahan, but they need to hit on another 1 or 2 within the next few drafts.

Janmark played wing most of last season, but he can play center and did it a bit. According to what has been told to Swedish press, he's going to play center for Frölunda next season.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Yeah, it'd be nice to have Janmark in GR, but I think this is a decent compromise. They've given him a taste of NA hockey, and I'm sure they've gone over diet and workout details as well. He gets to go back to Frolunda, make more money, improve his fitness level, be a go-to guy on a good team, and Detroit gets to save a contract slot for this year and perhaps some money on his future contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad