Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Jarnkrok with an assist after the 1st period. Ferraro from Jurco, and Jarnkrok
added a 2nd on another Ferraro goal

Jurco, Jarnkrok, and Ferraro, have some serious Chemistry. Jurco almost scores goes to a rebound where Jarnkrok almost scores. rebound to Jurco pass to Jarnkrok pass to Ferraro, shot rebound to Jurco shot finally down the ice all in like 7 seconds. just an amazing sequence between them.

Last edited:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Jarnkrok with an assist after the 1st period. Ferraro from Jurco, and Jarnkrok
added a 2nd on another Ferraro goal

Jurco, Jarnkrok, and Ferraro, have some serious Chemistry. Jurco almost scores goes to a rebound where Jarnkrok almost scores. rebound to Jurco pass to Jarnkrok pass to Ferraro, shot rebound to Jurco shot finally down the ice all in like 7 seconds. just an amazing sequence between them.

Good to hear, it looks like the Griffins are just destroying the heat tonight. Tripling there shots and up 3-0. The only disappointing thing is that Tatar still hasn't found the score sheet

Last edited:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Here's Friday's highlights, he had 2A (#25): http://www.sendtonews.com/index.php?id=211&SK=8MynUm6ChO

Still no Sproul last night, I wonder when he'll play?

the person who made that highlight real did a horrible job:laugh: they had like a minute and a half without a highlight just back and forth play.

Why is Brett Skinner in the shootout over Tomas Jurco? :help:

I have absolutely no idea. its a common question this year for some reason

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
That Jarnkrok play looked pretty promising. He seems to see the game well.

I can't be the only one more psyched for the Griffins than the Wings this year. There's just so much to like with this group of prospects.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Rumour has it that Pulkkinen left for Michigan today. We'll see soon if there's any truth to that... ;)

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Rumour has it that Pulkkinen left for Michigan today. We'll see soon if there's any truth to that... ;)

Yup, Jokerit fans at jatkoaika.com saying he left today to Grand Rapids and should be there later today.

:yo:

Excited to see what he can do in NA would be nice to see him and Ironhook together.
I wonder if he'll play though, Sproul was supposed to be with the team last week but he didn't play in either of the weekend games.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Will he stay for the rest of the season and playoffs? He's not part of Finlands WC roster is he?

No idea how long he'll stay. He wasn't picked for the second training camp week, the most likely wingers for the final WC team are basically already at camp, so there wasn't that big of a chance of him being there anyway.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Wouldn't be shocked if he's Griffins back-up next year though.

I'll admit I don't know much about Coreau but it's possible based on age that he gets a bit of seniority over Paterson. I'm sure they'll both get a fair look though, possibly rotating.

Also depends if Detroit opts not to re-sign McCollum this offseason, I really have no idea. His NHL future is still very bleak but he has taken strides as an AHL goalie.

Maybe signing Coreau is the writing on the walls for McCollum. We don't need 6 goalies under contract.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Is McCollum really that bad?

Kinda. Like I said, I can't say how Coreau compares.

NHL future for McCollum seems non-existent right now. He's gotten his GAA under 3.0 and his SV% above .900 for the first time as a Griffin (4th season), but a lot of that can be contributed to Grand Rapids being a much better team than they have been the last few years.

Opposed to Mrazek coming in his first year, stealing the starter job, passing McCollum on the depth chart and posting far better numbers than Thomas ever has. Consistency and composure are still big issues for him.

His contract is up and he hasn't done much to earn an extension. I think he could be a good AHL starting goalie in a tandem situation (like he's in now), but there's no real reason to keep him around. It's time to move on and see what we've got in Paterson/Coreau.

Plus, not re-signing him will add another contract slot for one of Detroit's younger unsigned prospects. No reason to keep a minor leaguer around over a younger unknown who could possibly develop into something more.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Is McCollum really that bad?

Hes pretty bad by AHL standards even, hes mentally too weak to ever be an NHL goalie. He lets in one goal and the flood gates just open and he'll let in the next 3 shots.

They have a contract issue for next season probably, thats one contract that should be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad