Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
How about his speed? Can you compare him to other players, like Sheahan, Ferraro?

above average, not blinding fast but not slow. he has played really short shifts so its like 1 minute he's on the ice then gone. he isn't afraid to go into the dirty areas with the puck or to get the puck. he has nothing that will hold him up. if he has 2 or 3 games with a few points he could have a real shot to start in the NHL next year. if not probably right to 1st 2 call up status.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
to be honest aside from the things that I took down I can't remember everything. I was pretty tired during the games, basically every time I saw him with the puck I'd really pay attention then write something for the shift. which again were annoyingly short. but if I remember correctly yeah Zetterberg-esk

RedWingsNow*

Grand Rapids Griffins 5 at Houston Aeros 1 - Status: Final
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - Toyota Center

Grand Rapids 0 4 1 - 5
Houston 0 0 1 - 1

1st Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Fredheim Hou (cross-checking), 12:36.

2nd Period-1, Grand Rapids, Billins 9 7:58 (PP). 2, Grand Rapids, Glendening 8 (Mursak, Almquist), 9:52 (SH). 3, Grand Rapids, Jurco 11 (Pare), 11:05. 4, Grand Rapids, Pare 20 (Jurco, Paetsch), 13:01. Penalties-Jurco Gr (tripping), 1:33; Paetsch Gr (boarding), 2:56; Evans Gr (fighting), 5:17; Medvec Hou (roughing, fighting), 5:17; Grant Gr (cross-checking), 8:32; Grant Gr (fighting), 11:06; Grantham Hou (fighting), 11:06; McIntyre Hou (high-sticking, high-sticking), 16:09; Skinner Gr (slashing, unsportsmanlike conduct), 18:12.

3rd Period-5, Grand Rapids, Pare 21 (Aubry, Grant), 6:10. 6, Houston, Veilleux 3 (Dowell, DaSilva), 7:50. Penalties-Grant Gr (fighting, game misconduct - continuing altercation), 7:57; Grantham Hou (roughing, fighting, game misconduct - continuing altercation), 7:57; Evans Gr (hooking), 10:49; Hoggan Gr (slashing), 14:44.

Shots on Goal-Grand Rapids 8-13-8-29. Houston 6-8-12-26.
Power Play Opportunities-Grand Rapids 1 / 5; Houston 0 / 7.
Goalies-Grand Rapids, McCollum 17-10-1 (26 shots-25 saves). Houston, Kuemper 13-8-0 (16 shots-13 saves); Reichard 1-1-1 (13 shots-11 saves).
A-3,052
Referees-Ryan Hersey (8), Keith Kaval (40).
Linesmen-Carl Sasyn (12), Paul Wilkinson (73).

3 Skinner, Brett D 0 0 +1 2 4
A 4 Paetsch, Nathan D 0 1 +2 4 2
5 Almquist, Adam D 0 1 +1 0 0
9 Pare, Francis RW 2 1 +3 4 0
C 10 Hoggan, Jeff LW 0 0 0 2 2
14 Billins, Chad D 1 0 0 2 0
15 Callahan, Mitch RW 0 0 -1 1 0
19 Sheahan, Riley C 0 0 -1 0 0
22 Aubry, Louis-Marc C 0 1 +1 2 0
23 Grant, Triston LW 0 1 0 1 22
25 Jarnkrok, Calle C 0 0 +2 0 0
27 Tatar, Tomas LW 0 0 0 4 0
28 Jurco, Tomas RW 1 1 +2 1 2
29 Ferraro, Landon C 0 0 0 1 0
32 Lashoff, Brian D 0 0 +2 2 0
33 Glendening, Luke C 1 0 +1 1 0
39 Mursak, Jan RW 0 1 +1 0 0
A 44 Evans, Brennan D 0 0 0 2 7
TEAM 5 0

30 McCollum, Tom 1 60:00 26 25 0

RedWingsNow*

I just hope Sproul doesn't slump so hard that people start prematurely calling him a bust like they did with Ferraro.

Ferraro's slump began long before Grand Rapids. It was his lack of development in junior that really raised alarm.

Sproul could be an absolute disaster, defensively. So people better be ready for it. A guy like him might take some time.

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
Ferraro's slump began long before Grand Rapids. It was his lack of development in junior that really raised alarm.

Sproul could be an absolute disaster, defensively. So people better be ready for it. A guy like him might take some time.

Defensemen usually do take longer.

Sproul has all the tools but I hope people don't give up on him if he turns out to struggle in his own end. Personally I don't give up on a prospect until they're 25.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Defensemen usually do take longer.

Sproul has all the tools but I hope people don't give up on him if he turns out to struggle in his own end. Personally I don't give up on a prospect until they're 25.

I completely agree that we cant give up on a guy as a prospect until he hits that 24-25 range. However, for the sake of the competitiveness of the Red Wings, he needs to earn a role before then.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
To little surprise:

Bob Duff @asktheduffer
#redwings sent F Joakim Andersson, Gustav Nyquist, D Danny DeyKeyser to Grand Rapids. Paper move to make them eligible for #AHL playoffs.

Bob Duff @asktheduffer
#redwings immediately recalled Andersson, Nyquist and DeKeyser, as well as D Brian Lashoff.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
To little surprise:

Bob Duff @asktheduffer
#redwings sent F Joakim Andersson, Gustav Nyquist, D Danny DeyKeyser to Grand Rapids. Paper move to make them eligible for #AHL playoffs.

Bob Duff @asktheduffer
#redwings immediately recalled Andersson, Nyquist and DeKeyser, as well as D Brian Lashoff.

That will be a dynamite team when the Wings are out from NHL playoffs. God I hope we would have also Järnkrok there. :nod:

Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar
Jurco - Sheahan - Pare
Mursak - Ferraro - Pulkkinen?
Hoggan - Glendening - Callahan
(Grant, Aubry)

Lashoff - Almqvist
DeKeyser - Sproul
Paetsch - Billins
(Evans)

Mrazek
(McCollum)

Too bad they didn't make also Brendan Smith eligible. :naughty:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
They also have Skinner on the blueline, we'll see what role they give Sproul. Great depth anyway in case of injuries. Mrazek gets hot and that team will do well.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Another 2 points for Jurco last night, anyone have his stats over the past 20 games or so?

I think next year when he starts out in the top 6 with PP time from the 1st game he'll be a .80 P/G player. Especially if Jarnkrok is feeding him some passes.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
That will be a dynamite team when the Wings are out from NHL playoffs. God I hope we would have also Järnkrok there. :nod:

Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar
Jurco - Sheahan - Pare
Mursak - Ferraro - Pulkkinen?
Hoggan - Glendening - Callahan
(Grant, Aubry)

Lashoff - Almqvist
DeKeyser - Sproul
Paetsch - Billins
(Evans)

Mrazek
(McCollum)

Too bad they didn't make also Brendan Smith eligible. :naughty:

Kinda makes you want to pull for the Red Wings to miss the playoffs.

EDIT: Wouldn't be surprised if they asked Smith if he wanted to be eligible and he was like "oh, hellz no!"

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Another 2 points for Jurco last night, anyone have his stats over the past 20 games or so?

I think next year when he starts out in the top 6 with PP time from the 1st game he'll be a .80 P/G player. Especially if Jarnkrok is feeding him some passes.

One of his goals he was all alone out front and undressed the goalie, it was pretty nice. Glendening has been really impressive as well for a guy who just kinda came out of nowhere. I actually think somewhere down the line he'll be the wings fourth line center, he smuch more suited to that role than Emmerton

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Anchor Town*

One of his goals he was all alone out front and undressed the goalie, it was pretty nice. Glendening has been really impressive as well for a guy who just kinda came out of nowhere. I actually think somewhere down the line he'll be the wings fourth line center, he smuch more suited to that role than Emmerton

You think Glendening should be the 4th line center over Sheahan? :help:

Anchor Town*

Personally I think Sheahan will be better than #4C, I'm still holding out hope that his offensive game continues to develop and he can become a decent #2, even if it doesn't he'll still make a great #3C.

Of course but that's where he'll start out (4th line center). Glendening shouldn't be there before him (which is what he was arguing)

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Of course but that's where he'll start out (4th line center). Glendening shouldn't be there before him (which is what he was arguing)

I won't comment on Glendening because I don't know too much about him, but if you mean to say that Sheahan should be centering the 4th line now or even next season I disagree. IMO bringing him up too soon and only giving him 4th line minutes in a strictly checking role he may never develop his offensive side further.
I'd like to see him play top line minutes in the A and continue to develop his offensive side to the point where he can step in and (depending on how things shake out roster/development wise) be a #2/#3 center.

Anchor Town*

I won't comment on Glendening because I don't know too much about him, but if you mean to say that Sheahan should be centering the 4th line now or even next season I disagree. IMO bringing him up too soon and only giving him 4th line minutes in a strictly checking role he may never develop his offensive side further.
I'd like to see him play top line minutes in the A and continue to develop his offensive side to the point where he can step in and (depending on how things shake out roster/development wise) be a #2/#3 center.

No he was saying that Glendening should be centering over Emmerton now, I'm saying that if anyone from GR were to be moved up to the Wings to play 4th line center it should be Sheahan

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

No I dont think Sheahan should be a 4th line center. By the time he comes up he should be more f a player then that.

Glendening is a guy who could be an affordable fourth line center that does everything they should do. Hes just as good defensively as Sheahan, physical, great on the PK and has a decent set of hands on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad