OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
well there is certainly more than one liverpool fan around here but idk who of them posts a lot within the devils board anymore. we also have/had man united, arsenal, newcastle support here, among others in england and other countries. (juventus)

not happy with that result even though we didn’t lose.

every point dropped matters when you’re chasing manchester city nowadays.

between that draw and the ****ing devils i had a ****ty saturday.
I'm (as you know but others may not) a big Liverpool guy but mostly stick to the soccer board because this board almost exclusively discusses MLS, which I watch none of.

Not losing, not conceding many goals, and picking up points away at big six is a recipe for success. Saturday's result doesn't change much: Liverpool's biggest match of the season is on January 3.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Not losing, not conceding many goals, and picking up points away at big six is a recipe for success. Saturday's result doesn't change much: Liverpool's biggest match of the season is on January 3.

We haven't faced off against United yet, either. Fortunately, City and Chelsea both have difficult schedules coming up and our next five League ties are Fulham, Watford, Everton (at Anfield), Burnley, and Bournemouth before playing United at home on Dec. 16.

Just stay the course and keep winning and we'll be right there in March. It's just hard to maintain perspective when City win every match by 100 goals. It would be a tough pill to swallow to finish level with them on points to lose the title on differential.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
We haven't faced off against United yet, either. Fortunately, City and Chelsea both have difficult schedules coming up and our next five League ties are Fulham, Watford, Everton (at Anfield), Burnley, and Bournemouth before playing United at home on Dec. 16.

Just stay the course and keep winning and we'll be right there in March. It's just hard to maintain perspective when City win every match by 100 goals. It would be a tough pill to swallow to finish level with them on points to lose the title on differential.
City looks as expected but only has a 2 point lead, compared to a 7 point lead at the same point last season. Liverpool and Chelsea are both very much in it, especially if they manage to take 3+ points from City.

City just looks more dominant because they pound the piss out of the opponent every week.

Reactions: New Jersey

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
It's really hard not to be pessimistic going into Sunday having not scored an away goal in the first leg. Columbus did get shutout in Montreal a month ago which gives me a semblance of hope, but I think there's a good chance that we need to score 3 goals. Need Kaku and BWP to make it happen.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Really, I thought soccer would play every 3 days in the playoffs.

Do they really need a week break?

Every 3 days would be rough for the entire playoffs and reduce the quality of play. Plus weekday MLS games attendance wise are generally not good in most markets.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
MLS has to get rid of this aggregate goals thang

Portland was playing the last few minutes at if they lose by 1 they win the series. Now it goes to pk's

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Really don't care for Portland, Valeri and Blanco are obnoxious players to watch.

Also ridiculous that most of the Portland players didn't know the rules. What a joke.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Looked a great atmosphere last night. First MLS match I've watched this season.

Certainly was, I have no voice today at work. All the more reason why I hate this Thursday 7PM start for the most important game of the season on 11/29. There will be 10k ppl there at kickoff - such BS on MLS' part. If we do make it to MLS Cup, that is probably going to be the best atmosphere I've ever been a part of for a sporting event.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I have been to a lot of sporting events in my life and last night is easily in the top 10 craziest crowds I've ever been in. The crowd was absolutely rabid and I loved it.

Also really glad I didn't bother watching the Devils game last night and waited until tonight to watch it cause I didn't want to come down from the high that was that win.

I'll be in Atlanta for the first leg, just haven't figured out if I'm flying or driving but probably going to sell or use a buyback for the Islanders game on the Friday before.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
watched on sunday night, very happy with the result. so refreshing for this team to actually put someone to bed in a second leg at rba.

i'll be looking to sell a couple more devils games at cost because they're dogshit and treat myself to a ticket to the conference final second leg.

i find a new jersey team being in the late rounds of a playoff to be quite comfortable.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We were in Toronto this weekend for the Devils and Hall of Fame game and so on so we watched the game Sunday night at the Football Factory (TFC supporters bar hehe). We actually found two other ESC members that were up there for the Devils so we watched the game together. Man that was fun.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We were in Toronto this weekend for the Devils and Hall of Fame game

I was pretty amazed at how many Devils fans were in Toronto for the game.

Not sure if it's because it was Marty weekend or if the Devils always have a good showing in Toronto, but there were lots of Devils fans at the Friday night debacle.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I was pretty amazed at how many Devils fans were in Toronto for the game.

Not sure if it's because it was Marty weekend or if the Devils always have a good showing in Toronto, but there were lots of Devils fans at the Friday night debacle.

Yeah I was really surprised too. I'm sure Marty caused a little bit of a bump... there were a ton of Devils fans at the Hall of Fame game on Sunday too.

Walking out of the arena Sunday I saw two dudes like 10 feet in front of us and was thinking "hey.... that looks like an Empire Supporters Club scarf!" So the Mrs ran up there and was like hey guys nice scarf! So random but awesome.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No games until after Thanksgiving?

Why such a long break?

This USA vs England game today, are there players on Atlanta playing?
That would be odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad