OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
No one cares about MLS right now but I went to the NYRB Dallas game yesterday and it was fantastic. Maybe the best game I've ever seen them play, at times it almost looked like European football. I love watching Kemar Lawrence at left back, dude is just precise as hell with his tackles, good in the air, strong, and one of the fastest players on the pitch. I really hope he gets a shot in UEFA.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
red bulls are the best bang for your buck in terms of entertainment in new york city area sports, ainec. don't @ me.

the quality of mls is irrelevant to the fact that rbny is genuinely good to watch in person, especially when you factor in their home pitch and the fact that they win damn near every match there.

I agree. When Devils ticket prices hovered around the price NYRB ones sell at, we were trotting out Michael Ryder and Damien Brunner while getting rolled most nights, with a completely bleak future.

Watching guys like BWP, Kaku, Royer, etc. play beautiful soccer on most nights along with getting to watch future USMNT starters (Adams, Parker, Miazga - before) at that price is amazing value. On top of that, they atmosphere somehow is still incredible when the stadium is only half full.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'll be up in Toronto this weekend for the Red Bulls match. TFC looks bad and still don't have Jozy so hopefully we can snag three points.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Other than Germany going out it's pretty much same ol same ol to the knockout round....ten European teams, four South American teams, Mexico and Japan.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
First time I've ever heard of that being a tiebreaker...might as well do that before literally drawing straws I suppose.

senegal really screwed themselves by receiving 2 yellows in extra time vs japan (they ended up with 6 total to japan's 4)

otherwise we would have seen a draw……a shitty way to go out either way

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Personally hope it's not until the quarters.

well… i hope (assuming belgium goes through) will hand it to them like germany did in the last world cup 7-1……

thats if they get past mexico….

(my friend who lives in mexico city is ecstatic….the whole city is shutting down for the game and she can sleep in from her teaching job ……too bad she doesnt give a shit about the soccer at all ….terrible, i know…)

but ya, i make no bones about my view on 'certain top fight' teams.

Last edited:

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
well… i hope (assuming belgium goes through) will hand it to them like germany did in the last world cup 7-1……

i make no bones about my view on certain 'top fight' teams.

Yeah that was awesome, especially with it being in Brazil. I just don't want to see Mexico move on.

Today's games were great. The shots of shock on the players and fans faces were priceless. Although a part of me would have enjoyed seeing a showdown in the 2nd round between Portugal and Argentina.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
agree. todays games were really good and im not talking about the result now.

i enjoyed both just for some drama and the gravity of the matches.

some excellent strikes….i dont mind shit like that……

i just dont stand for 'kitten' soccer where every other play is trying to be sold to the officials.

get off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad