OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I feel like I would never be able to get into the EPL with actually liking a team.

There's too much imbalance there between the top teams and the other teams, I keep track of it and I'll watch games but I don't really care too much what happens. If Harris buys Crystal Palace and actually starts funneling in the money to make them competitive against the better teams, I may start rooting for them.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If anyone feels like getting a little crazy... come to Columbus! The South Ward is almost done filling up a fourth bus. We have an allotment of 500 seats are about 2/3 done with it. The bus ride is free (paid for by the team). The tickets are on you and they are $29. Come get crazy with us!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If anyone feels like getting a little crazy... come to Columbus! The South Ward is almost done filling up a fourth bus. We have an allotment of 500 seats are about 2/3 done with it. The bus ride is free (paid for by the team). The tickets are on you and they are $29. Come get crazy with us!

I'm driving out for the game, heading up early Saturday to spend the day doing some stuff and staying the night. The bus trip is great if you don't drive or have a tight budget but I just can't be on a bus that long without losing my mind. Plus I want to be home for work on Monday morning and that bus wouldn't make it in time for me.

Should be a wild trip though. I want to score a few road goals at least.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Terrorist attack in France during the France Germany soccer game. Multiple people dead. Awaiting more info.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
60 dead now. Update all soccer games cancelled and all borders closed. More updates, kalashnikovs, gernades and molotovs were used.

So they say 60 people are still held hostage. Outside one of the locations an American Rock band was playing.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Terrorist attack in France during the France Germany soccer game. Multiple people dead. Awaiting more info.

It wasn't actually at the soccer game, but near enough so the people there could hear it.

On a lighter note the US begins WC qualification in an hour against St. Vincent.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
It wasn't actually at the soccer game, but near enough so the people there could hear it.

On a lighter note the US begins WC qualification in an hour against St. Vincent.

Yeah. It just sucks. I hope people can still enjoy soccer in Europe. Will sure test peoples resolve. Stand strong.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I'm going to see England v France at Wembley later.

Not that I'm scared or anything but... Say a little prayer for me.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This is scary now....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-terror-alert-ambulance-packed-6849876#ICID=sharebar_facebook

"Germany terror alert: 'Ambulance packed full of explosives' found in front of stadium ahead of international match"

I've heard from several people that the ambulance story is 100% fabricated. Still extremely scary

I honestly hope it's true and ISIS was involved because 1. nobody was hurt and 2. France, Russia (ISIS took down a fighter jet a month ago), and Germany can get together and actual do something about this. As sad as it is, nothing is going to truly happen unless other countries are affected.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
On my way to RBA to get on the ESC bus to Columbus. I am going to beg them to do a side trip to a supermarket so I can buy a bunch of cans of Skyline Chili. Also a stop at Tim Hortons in the morning would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad