OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2010
NJ
I'll take 6 points to start the season for RBNY! This time of year is never the prettiest soccer so its good to be getting results regardless!

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Back in the Premier League and Champions to boot.

Irony: Villa send Newcastle down in 2009 an in 2017 score a late equalizer to send Newcastle up as champions.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hull goes down after being curb stomped by Palace. Palace and Swansea survive. Final day of the season next week pretty much ends up being a dud.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
The only thing that matters about these 3 games is getting a minimum of 3 points out of the two WCQ.

Not losing to Venezuela is a nice boost.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The only thing that matters about these 3 games is getting a minimum of 3 points out of the two WCQ.

Not losing to Venezuela is a nice boost.

We were clearly the better team, but played a safe, plodding, methodical, zero risk-taking game. It was pretty boring to watch. Both goals were nice though.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Come on Metro, destroy the posers and their pathetic plastic fans/cosplay hooligans tonight in the Open Cup!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm pumped for this game. It's going to be disappointing seeing the stadium half empty since Red Bull royally screwed up the ticket process... but still a very big game.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I still have no idea how that City shot didn't go in. That was some straight up Fifa BS. Absolutely loved it though. Go Metro!!!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Even better: there was a huge brawl in the concourse and eyewitnesses accounts have said it was ciddy fans fighting each other. And at the end of the game the SW chanted "don't steal the seats" at their wretched fans.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Before the game, a City fan got arrested for spray painting the warehouse.... he wrote "F GSU" and "NYCFC"

A couple of Red Bull fan's cars were damaged as they threw smoke bombs and bottles at the Viking Army tailgate.

There were at least two smashed and broken seats in the stadium after the game.

Honestly.... when are they going to get a full travel ban? I'm sick and tired of seeing this BS and having to deal with these belligerent jerks.

This is way beyond the conversation of "a few bad apples" ruining it for the rest of them... because this happens every single time. It's also happened in Orlando and Chicago. These people don't deserve any allocation of tickets in any stadium.

Bottom line... in 7 games, we're 6-1 against them with a scoreline of 19-5.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Had to miss the game and didn't even get the chance to catch any highlights. Can someone give me a quick overview of how we played? Who played well? How was the attendance overall as well as NYCFC away support?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Had to miss the game and didn't even get the chance to catch any highlights. Can someone give me a quick overview of how we played? Who played well? How was the attendance overall as well as NYCFC away support?

The best guys were Royer and Adams by far. Sacha looked REALLY bad. He must have had at least 10 giveaways. He was getting passes to completely open guys intercepted. He got taken out later in the game for Sean Davis.

Collin being back is HUGE. He played real well. The second half belonged entirely to the Red Bulls. The offense was clicking and looked really dangerous. It would have been even better with Lawrence and Murillo on LB and RB. They were with their national teams. Long played LB and Zizzo was RB. I am not a Zizzo fan but he wasn't bad last night.

The team looked shaky until Royer came on for Grella. That changed everything. This could be a turning point in the season.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York

Best players were Adams, Royer, Collin, Long.

Adams looked full of confidence and broke up several attacks. Great on the ball also. Collin IMO is the most underrated player on the team. He literally wins every single ball that comes close to him. Especially yesterday because NYCFC kept trying to play air balls to Villa/Moralez, Collin just headed everything away. I was nervouse about Long playing LB but he actually played very well, shut down Harrison and made at least a few really nice clean steals from him.

Attendance was what I expected given the price of tix. Lower bowl was very full. South Ward was full and loud. City had an OK away supporters section but really nothing special at all. Not many City fans in the arena besides their section.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ciddy fans=batting practice hitters. They were loud before the game started but were done by halftime.

Adams is amazing but it's a shame that he almost surely will be gone after this season. Grella was even worse than SK. He would get the ball, dribble right into 3-4 ciddy players and of course lose posession. I lost count of how many times he did that. Pulling him for Royer completely changed the game.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
The best guys were Royer and Adams by far. Sacha looked REALLY bad. He must have had at least 10 giveaways. He was getting passes to completely open guys intercepted. He got taken out later in the game for Sean Davis.

Collin being back is HUGE. He played real well. The second half belonged entirely to the Red Bulls. The offense was clicking and looked really dangerous. It would have been even better with Lawrence and Murillo on LB and RB. They were with their national teams. Long played LB and Zizzo was RB. I am not a Zizzo fan but he wasn't bad last night.

The team looked shaky until Royer came on for Grella. That changed everything. This could be a turning point in the season.

You could tell they were going after Zizzo's side all during the first half. Thats where all their chances came from, down his wing. Subbed on Royer on that same side and it was a different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad