OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Best photo from yesterday. There were 700 of us.

12122878_10207011661443297_3640201536955140948_n.jpg

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I'm absolutely torn on RFK. It has great history and I love old buildings like that where you go to watch the game and not do a million other things on the concourse. On the other hand, the place has gotten out of hand and there was literally no reason to put you up there. As bad as United has been with the place the city has been even worse with letting all of it slide.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The confusing thing about it is that the section they put us in last year was fine... and we had more people then! There were over 1,000 versus the 700 from yesterday. So it's not like they needed to find more space for us.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I was in the small covered section just beneath the supporters for pretty much the first half. That whole area was shaking like crazy. Ended up moving to the other end where it was fine. Asked others who were around midfield and they said they felt the shaking all the way from there. It's ridiculous and I'm almost amazed there was no issue.

I sat in that supporters section last year and it was totally fine. Glanced down at that area yesterday and it was barely filled. No reason they couldn't have relocated/not sold the few in that area to other open seats and put the supporters there.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I was in the small covered section just beneath the supporters for pretty much the first half. That whole area was shaking like crazy. Ended up moving to the other end where it was fine. Asked others who were around midfield and they said they felt the shaking all the way from there. It's ridiculous and I'm almost amazed there was no issue.

I sat in that supporters section last year and it was totally fine. Glanced down at that area yesterday and it was barely filled. No reason they couldn't have relocated/not sold the few in that area to other open seats and put the supporters there.

As each day goes by, I care less and less because ultimately we left there with a victory... but the lack of stability concerning the section plus the fact that the women's bathroom flooded on the first flush, there were broken seats and broken pieces of concrete everywhere, lead paint chips flying, and so on makes me think that DC United should hear about the situation they put us in.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Personally I like the view up there more anyway then being downstairs in that **** hole. I'm glad I drove down, it was a fun time.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am trying to find the link for a video... but someone on the Red Bulls staff shot a video of the team walking off the field after the game saluting us... Lloyd Sam says "is that **** going to fall?" referring to us shaking the entire upper deck haha.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
How often do the PATH trains run through Harrison after the game?

Thinking of catching both the Red Bulls and Devils games this Sunday...

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
How often do the PATH trains run through Harrison after the game?

Thinking of catching both the Red Bulls and Devils games this Sunday...

I don't take the trains so I'm not sure but the walk from arena to arena isn't bad. If the line isn't too bad I'm also going to take the yellow school bus shuttle bus over to Newark Penn to try to save some time.

I figure we will miss the first period no matter what and half of the second period if the game goes to overtime.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't take the trains so I'm not sure but the walk from arena to arena isn't bad. If the line isn't too bad I'm also going to take the yellow school bus shuttle bus over to Newark Penn to try to save some time.

I figure we will miss the first period no matter what and half of the second period if the game goes to overtime.

Also, is there parking on the other side of the bridge?

Not the side with the arena but the side that Newark Penn Station is on. I always see people walking from there but never know where the parking lots are in that area of Newark.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ

Not the side with the arena but the side that Newark Penn Station is on. I always see people walking from there but never know where the parking lots are in that area of Newark.

Yes plenty of parking on that side of the bridge. I use the restaurant Iberia when i'm on that side. 10$ but you get a 10$ credit to use at the restaurant.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Yeah parking is pretty easy. I'm gonna actually Park near the rock tomorrow so it's easier to get out after the Devils game and I'm just gonna walk to RBA from there. It's really not a bad walk and with the way traffic is getting out of RBA sometimes it will take me just as much time to just walk to the rock. It's like a 15-20 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
How about those Red Bulls??!

The South Ward went absolute bonkers when BWP scored that goal. All three sections turned into a love infused mosh pit.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Also, how much better a year can a team have against their biggest rivals?

2-0, 2-2, 3-0, 1-0, 1-0

4w 0l 1d

9 GF, 2 GA

Four shutouts.

Add the 3-0 vs NYCFC and that's pretty awesome.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Why not Newcastle? We are used to owners helicoptering in.

Oh, right, they're not in London.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Looks like Crystal Palace deal from Blitzer/Harris is definitely happening. Steve Parish, the Crystal Palace CEO was just on SkySports and said "very serious" talks are in progress with "David and Josh". Says reported deal pretty much correct. He will remain in day-to-day charge, plus other three owners also staying on. Much broader investment base, all involved will put in money to develop the ground.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ith-americans-investors-steve-parish-confirms

And more media outlets are reporting it now as well. Two of England's most respected writers, Neil Ashton and Dominic Fifield(kind of like their Bob McKenzies) are confirming the accounts as well:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...w-jersey-devils-steve-parish?CMP=share_btn_tw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-buying-huge-stake-Premier-League-club.html

Obviously, as a Crystal Palace fan, this has me very excited. Perhaps we'll get some friendlies at Red Bull Arena?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad