GDT: Golden Knights @ Flames, 7:00 MT SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
giphy.gif
What a shameful and utter embarrassment ending of a game. 1:45 left, you’re up by one and you lose by 2. Nice..

Reactions: Janks and Sk8M8
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
There isn't any killer instinct... The PP is trash and we aren't scoring many goals.

Anaheim is getting healthy, Vegas is too far ahead and San Jose is a strong team.

Management should've fired Cameron months ago and now we don't have our first for when we most likely miss.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Honest question though: Game 81 with this crop of players and coaching staff against the LA Kings in 2015: Do you bet on us beating them? I wouldn't.

The tying goal was a fluke, whatever. But you have to have the mental fortitude to at least keep your bearings and send it to overtime. This team just doesn't have it and it shows. Can't coast on 1 goal leads in the NHL

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I've never seen a group of more mentally weak players in my life. The amount of 1 goal leads we've given up is crazy, just have the ****ing killer instinct to go out there and put games away ****.

Reactions: Pomee and Sk8M8

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Honest question though: Game 81 with this crop of players and coaching staff against the LA Kings in 2015: Do you bet on us beating them? I wouldn't.

The tying goal was a fluke, whatever. But you have to have the mental fortitude to at least keep your bearings and send it to overtime. This team just doesn't have it and it shows. Can't coast on 1 goal leads in the NHL
Nope. I don't see this team winning a game in the playoffs either. There's something fundamentally wrong in this team's head. I have no idea what it will take to fix it though.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It came up Millhouse. Sad.

If the first line doesn't produce points say goodnight to this year. Like I said after the bye week, that it smelt like the start of a long slump. Boom or bust with this team and that break happened at the worst possible time.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I can honestly say that was the most pathetic ending to Flames game I have ever seen. The goal scored on Turek from center ice doesn’t even compare. Just brutal.

Reactions: Pomee

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nope. I don't see this team winning a game in the playoffs either. There's something fundamentally wrong in this team's head. I have no idea what it will take to fix it though.

Not even sure what's wrong with them.
Is it the system? Is it the personnel? I thought this team was all character, yet the only guys who show emotion are two kids (Benny and Chucky) and our goalie.

That was the saddest 10 seconds I've actually endured as a Flames fan. That's saying a lot with this group of sucks.

You hate to be that guy, but could this team have actually tanked correctly; we'd be in a very different spot today. Instead we had people calling each other fake fans and 'real fans' etc. How good would this team look with Mack or Barkov down the middle, McDavid or Eichel? Auston Matthews... We like to make some semblance of 'we do it the right way' and instead toil in mediocrity.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Is it the system? Is it the personnel? I thought this team was all character, yet the only guys who show emotion are two kids (Benny and Chucky) and our goalie.

That was the saddest 10 seconds I've actually endured as a Flames fan. That's saying a lot with this group of sucks.

You hate to be that guy, but could this team have actually tanked correctly; we'd be in a very different spot today. Instead we had people calling each other fake fans and 'real fans' etc. How good would this team look with Mack or Barkov down the middle, McDavid or Eichel? Auston Matthews... We like to make some semblance of 'we do it the right way' and instead toil in mediocrity.

I’m not gonna throw Monahan under the bus, but he was invisible this game. Barkov is just a better than him, which isn’t anything to be ashamed about. Mack is more dynamic, but it was just this season he broke out.

This teams problem isn’t striking, it’s cutting off the head. That I blame all on the coaching staff.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Exactly....except for a few guys, it's a soft team

Reactions: lightstorm

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Gonna go out on a limb here:

It’s the ’system’™️.

This team may not have won every game under Hartley, but they didn’t lose in this way so consistently.

I feel it's a bit more complicated than that. We beat down on bottom feeders like the Oilers 5-0 under Hartley but then would lose 4-0 to a team like Hitchcock's Blues.

Now we play more close games, which keeps bottom feeders like the Oilers in games against us but also keeps us in games against anyone like Tampa.

I'm not sure what the solution is from a systems perspective. I do think our D core is grossly underutilized offensively, so that might be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad