GDT: Golden Knights @ Flames, 7:00 MT SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Watching that game, it struck me how the Vegas players always had their feet moving

The Flames were usually standing still

How f***in good would a guy like Leipsic be on the 4 th line, bring some energy instead of these lumbering goofs

Frolik is not a dumb player and yet he makes one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen. That's gotta be the system, why would you ever make that pass?

Brouwer had his best game in a while and was still f***ing awful. 2 more long years of this. Good thing the Flames will have Dahlin to console them, wait shit

Fire everyone

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I feel it's a bit more complicated than that. We beat down on bottom feeders like the Oilers 5-0 under Hartley but then would lose 4-0 to a team like Hitchcock's Blues.

Now we play more close games, which keeps bottom feeders like the Oilers in games against us but also keeps us in games against anyone like Tampa.

I'm not sure what the solution is from a systems perspective. I do think our D core is grossly underutilized offensively, so that might be a start.

Yes, they do not have the horse to play close tough games. The results are obvious.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Holy shit that was bad. Wtf was Frolik thinking? If you're wondering what "crumple" means then watch that last two minutes again.

Wish I could say I was surprised, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but this PP has cost this team at least 10-15 points this season. Please fix it, my liver can't take much more.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Holy **** that was bad. Wtf was Frolik thinking? If you're wondering what "crumple" means then watch that last two minutes again.

Wish I could say I was surprised, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but this PP has cost this team at least 10-15 points this season. Please fix it, my liver can't take much more.
Who was the defenseman not cstching his pass? Seemed to let it go by him, unless the angle I saw was bad

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Who was the defenseman not cstching his pass? Seemed to let it go by him, unless the angle I saw was bad
TJ Brodie. The pass was to the opposite side of him that his stick was on, and something clearly flashed through his head telling him it would be bad to reach across for it. Not sure what that thing was. Maybe he thought he might accidentally deflect it, and thought it was better not to? Maybe he thought it was going wide? Not sure.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Thought this was the Vegas board but I misclicked, Flames absolutely could have and should have won this one. The defense was on full display and was frustrating to watch. You guys definitely have what it takes to break hearts this spring.
I don't think I have said this to the fan of a division rival before. But, thank you for bringing some sense to this board.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Pretty much sums up the game.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Deebious

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Seriously. I'm hoping to avoid you guys if at all possible.
I appreciate the kind words. I think your post really brought to light the overreactions of people here. People here right now are going way overboard, we lost the game because of a bonehead mistake by a player that hasn't played in over a month and a breakdown by the same line seconds later. If Frolik doesn't make that play, we likely win 2-1 or 3-1 with an empty netter. It's our first regulation loss in 2018, we shouldn't be freaking out like this. Don't get me wrong in the moment, I was livid, but now that some time has passed and I read your post I gained more perspective on the game.

Reactions: HanSolo

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm just shake my head at how many regulation losses this year have resulted in the name"Dahlin" appearing in the GDT. For goodness sake, some of the people who post on this board seriously lack perspective. We would have to have a monumentally bad final third of the season to even sniff the bottom 5. We are 8 games above .500. We are as close to the division leader as we are to the bottom 2 in the division, let alone the bottom.

Here's some perspective: check out the post from the start of the GDT about how we were going to get run over and embarrassed by the Knights tonight. Well, we didn't. We suffocated and outplayed them, and yet the sky is falling because of a fluky ending that might happen to a team once every season.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'm just shake my head at how many regulation losses this year have resulted in the name"Dahlin" appearing in the GDT. For goodness sake, some of the people who post on this board seriously lack perspective. We would have to have a monumentally bad final third of the season to even sniff the bottom 5. We are 8 games above .500. We are as close to the division leader as we are to the bottom 2 in the division, let alone the bottom.

Here's some perspective: check out the post from the start of the GDT about how we were going to get run over and embarrassed by the Knights tonight. Well, we didn't. We suffocated and outplayed them, and yet the sky is falling because of a fluky ending that might happen to a team once every season.

I am sure this "bad luck" thing has happened several times already this season....and you know what they say about luck...

You can shake your head at the overreaction but one can shake their head at the excuses people made for this team...are we still in pre-season? :sarcasm:

Reactions: lightstorm

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I am sure this "bad luck" thing has happened several times already this season....and you know what they say about luck...

You can shake your head at the overreaction but one can shake their head at the excuses people made for this team...are we still in pre-season? :sarcasm:

Vegas goals were total flukes, but Bennet's wasnt. True story.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
It is time to admit that this team is not as talented as Flames management and some fans think. The goaltending has been good and the Defence is also good but up front we are missing some pieces, a true #1 center, we just have a one trick pony. On Stanley Cup winning teams Monahan is a #2 center, a true #1 RW, Ferland on the top line tells you this, more depth up front.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
It is time to admit that this team is not as talented as Flames management and some fans think. The goaltending has been good and the Defence is also good but up front we are missing some pieces, a true #1 center, we just have a one trick pony. On Stanley Cup winning teams Monahan is a #2 center, a true #1 RW, Ferland on the top line tells you this, more depth up front.
Our top line is just as good as any top line in the league, go away.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This team has all the pieces, aside from possibly needing another top 6 winger and better 4th line. But for the most part, all the pieces are there. For whatever reason though, they just can't get out of their own way, especially at home. They need to figure it out quickly though. This bleeding has to stop.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This team has all the pieces, aside from possibly needing another top 6 winger and better 4th line. But for the most part, all the pieces are there. For whatever reason though, they just can't get out of their own way, especially at home. They need to figure it out quickly though. This bleeding has to stop.

The crazy thing, is we have the pieces minus one.

The top line is hot/cold, but Gaudreau always produces.
The 3M line outside of last night is normally a force, and Tkachuk is becoming a star before our eyes.
The kid line has looked good, I thought they had a positive game, including Brouwer, which was unexpected.
The fourth line's a joke, and yet, 5 games ago, it looked amazing.

Drop Stajan out of the lineup, same as Lazar.

Give Hrivik the centre duties, get Mangi back in the lineup. The 4th line would be our top line in Stockton.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The problem is I feel as though I have heard this nearing a dozen times this season.

Team has no finish.
Think of those St. Louis games from years' past. They'd dominate play, take a lead. Suffocate... and then once you thought you'd have a chance again, they'd score and put it away.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
This team needs more Lomberg. Like just three guys on the fourth line where other teams' players just look at who the Flames put out on the ice and simply sigh, hoping not to be put out against them.

Aside from Tkachuk, we don't have that. Lazar maybe one shift in ten. Hathaway isn't doing that a lot (maybe just not effectively) right now. That isn't Mangiapane's game either and I don't expect that of him. Brouwer doesn't always use his grit effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->