GDT: Golden Knights @ Flames, 7:00 MT SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's incredible.

Flames played a good game against Vegas and clearly could have won that game.

Also, chalk this up as another game where a PP goal would have swung the outcome.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's incredible.

Also, chalk this up as another game where a PP goal would have swung the outcome.

This was amazing.
I've never seen a collapse like that, not after being the better team for 58 1/2 minutes.

Reactions: Cyrano

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is what happen when you play with fire (1 goal game)

Yes, f***ing PP......Fire GG, he aint going to fix it.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Let's be honest that was a terrible third period. Vegas was pouring it on in the final 10 minutes. This roster is the epitome of a "Goldilocks" team

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
That was the 2 worst gaffes by the Flames all season in like 15 seconds... what a soft team. Unreal choke job.

HOW. IS. DAVE. CAMERON. STILL. EMPLOYED.
The PP is literally COSTING us games.
Hellllooooo Trelivingggggggggg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This was amazing.
I've never seen a collapse like that, not after being the better team for 58 1/2 minutes.

It's just... weird. I don't even want to use the word collapse, because there wasn't any real period of this game where they played bad hockey. They defended the lead extremely well down the stretch in the game, and they were doing a ton of the small things well. Just two anomalous plays in a row and they lose.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This team doesn’t deserve to be a playoff team

Just, amazing. Like. I can't even put this together. From a minute away from taking a good game away, to losing in by two goals. One horrible giveaway, then just a 'let's not play for this faceoff'

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Let's be honest that was a terrible third period. Vegas was pouring it on in the final 10 minutes. This roster is the epitome of a "Goldilocks" team
We were seeing different games, I think. Vegas looked like it was going to go quietly, in my opinion. Every team has a push late in the third if they're losing (Flames included), but this one was pretty tame, and the Flames were killing a lot of clock cycling in the offensive zone.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We were seeing different games, I think. Vegas looked like it was going to go quietly, in my opinion. Every team has a push late in the third if they're losing (Flames included), but this one was pretty tame, and the Flames were killing a lot of clock cycling in the offensive zone.

I thought Calgary was the better team for almost the entire way. I'm still sitting on my couch just not sure what to think.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It's just... weird. I don't even want to use the word collapse, because there wasn't any real period of this game where they played bad hockey. They defended the lead extremely well down the stretch in the game, and they were doing a ton of the small things well. Just two anomalous plays in a row and they lose.

GG fans will tell you it's just bad luck

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I blame the powerplay. A goal there and they might have at least gotten a point. Unfortunately, it looks like the team is either going to wait for Versteeg to return or make a dumb trade.

Also
AuVhEKH.gif

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What's the actual probability of an own goal (almost) like that, then a horrible neutral zone breakdown 10 seconds after?
Like, how does that even happen?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's incredible.

Thought this was the Vegas board but I misclicked, Flames absolutely could have and should have won this one. The defense was on full display and was frustrating to watch. You guys definitely have what it takes to break hearts this spring.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What a weird world we live in, where if they started the 4th line that doesn't happen? :laugh:

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
What's the actual probability of an own goal (almost) like that, then a horrible neutral zone breakdown 10 seconds after?
Like, how does that even happen?

The Flames just love doing something... inexplicably inane sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad