GDT: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks 7:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bedard is a -4, should he get sent back to juniors? +/- is not some be all end all stat, there are a lot of factors involved. I am not understanding how going back to playing with kids is going to benefit his development. He is physically able to play up here and getting good minutes, let him make his mistakes and learn against the big boys.
apples to oranges.

Reactions: shakes the clown

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
More concerning than the 19 year old thought is Lukas Reichel has been god awful. 0 points, -6. For now I’m glad he’s not playing with Bedard because play dies with him right now. I don’t think he’s above a fourth line demotion until he plays better.
Absolutely right!

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Is King the PP coach? Or do we have another incompetent moron doing that. 2/27 with 2 shorties against isn't remotely adequate.

Reactions: Pez68

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Is King the PP coach? Or do we have another incompetent moron doing that. 2/27 with 2 shorties against isn't remotely adequate.

According to Vosters, it's Dean running the PP, which is weird considering he's the one who is working with the defenseman as the defensive coach with Richardson (he did the same thing in Boston). So either Vosters doesn't know what the hell he's talking about (likely) or he's right and Dean is running the PP and King is running the PK. But I would think it makes more sense the other way around so who knows.

Reactions: Pez68

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
According to Vosters, it's Dean running the PP, which is weird considering he's the one who is working with the defenseman as the defensive coach with Richardson (he did the same thing in Boston). So either Vosters doesn't know what the hell he's talking about (likely) or he's right and Dean is running the PP and King is running the PK. But I would think it makes more sense the other way around so who knows.
seems backwards, especially with the clip that came out with king talking to bedard at practice about just trusting his shot

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's not just about learning either. Playing in the WHL will boost his confidence greatly, and he can grow a little more as well as far as muscle/brain and being the leader of his team will be a good experience as well.

It's tough imo, he's been our 2nd or 3rd best Dman, which doesn't say much for our Dmen, but he's not completely out of place either.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Not sure what the right call is, but it is a good problem to have. Not many thought KK would be anywhere near NHL ready.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's not just about learning either. Playing in the WHL will boost his confidence greatly, and he can grow a little more as well as far as muscle/brain and being the leader of his team will be a good experience as well.

It's tough imo, he's been our 2nd or 3rd best Dman, which doesn't say much for our Dmen, but he's not completely out of place either.
And it's not like Junior players don't have some real good coaching. I'm not buying that he has nothing to learn in the WHL. With the NHL experience under his belt KK as well as his coaching staff will know what he needs to work on .... but yeah, it's mostly about keeping his confidence, playing major minutes in every type of situation and maturing physically.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Him staying is fine. I think the whole idea of him not learning in the WHL is just wrong. I've said I think in a perfect world he goes back and dominates again and then starts as a 20 year old in the NHL. We don't really have that luxury and he has been our 2nd best LD so he is just going to learn in the NHL and take his lumps.

I think there is a negative to developing at the NHL level. Especially for an offensive defenseman. Tendency to want to survive the shift rather than make plays with the puck on your stick. Especially after a string of mistakes. That is on the coaching staff to make sure he understands that its okay to make mistakes. Keep being you.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
My two cents, not that it is really worth that much. KK needs to work on a few things: 1. Strength, he is not at the point he needs to be to compete against NHL players strength wise; 2. Shot, his shot from the point is not strong (I don't think it is weak but it is not strong either) and he needs to improve, especially his wrister since the game is trending away from the long windup slapper; Defensive zone coverage, he is ok in the d-zone but he is not first pairing okay, we do not need an EK type player on the first pairing.

All of that can be worked on in the WHL. I am not saying he needs to go there but if that is the best way for improvement in those areas, then he should.

Reactions: BobbyJet

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

I don't see the point of him going back to Seattle.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
More importantly, KK is a 19 year-old Dman. Making the leap from Junior to the NHL is a feat very few Dmen are capable of doing. The fact that he seems to already be one of Hawks better players in the back end is irrelevant to what is best for him.
That is where we disagree. If he is one of the better players in the back end already and is getting the minutes/holding his own I don’t get how sending him back to playing with kids is going to help him develop. It’s a been there, done that thing with juniors. How do you learn and grow on how to play with and against NHL players by going back and dominating juniors? If he was overwhelmed, not physically capable, didn’t show he could play up here then fine. He has shown he is physically capable and not overwhelmed, I am still not understanding how saying to him nice try now go back and play with kids is going to advance him. Just my opinion, we will see soon what is decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad