GDT: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks 7:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
That sounds fine.... but lack of support has little to do with Reichel's determination or lack thereof.
Yup, if you're supposed to be something you gotta DO something. I don't care who the linemates are, when you have the puck in the O zone, you need to be able to make something happen. Create your own chances or setup a guy with a beauty (if the guy doesn't score it's on him)

I'm afraid he will be Kurashev 2.0. Talent, speed, flashes but just not much there for the long term

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yup, if you're supposed to be something you gotta DO something. I don't care who the linemates are, when you have the puck in the O zone, you need to be able to make something happen. Create your own chances or setup a guy with a beauty (if the guy doesn't score it's on him)

I'm afraid he will be Kurashev 2.0. Talent, speed, flashes but just not much there for the long term
Yeah. I compared the 2 players effectiveness last season and nothing has changed. I think another stint in the AHL would be good for Reichel (and Kurashev for that matter).

If Hawks do keep him up why not try him on a line with Bedard and a defensive-minded winger and see if there is any chemistry? Anything is better than what he is showing at the moment. Bedard may respond as well.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Do not understand the send Korchinski back to the juniors as all, I guess my eyes are lying to me with so many people saying he needs to be sent down. He has looked pretty damn good to me all things considered and at 19 he is getting the minutes against grown men and holding his own. If he was getting few minutes or looking overmatched and not ready then fine, to me it looks like he is doing fine and going back to play with kids is not going to help his development at all. But then again people moan in here about everything so I should take it with a grain of salt.

As well I take very few negatives from last nights game. We played the undefeated defending champs to a standstill for 2 periods before the cream rose to the top. We have been competitive with good teams except for the Avs game, the Bedard goal was great Last night. So far so good, I don’t get the negativity not sure what people were expecting.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Do not understand the send Korchinski back to the juniors as all, I guess my eyes are lying to me with so many people saying he needs to be sent down. He has looked pretty damn good to me all things considered and at 19 he is getting the minutes against grown men and holding his own. If he was getting few minutes or looking overmatched and not ready then fine, to me it looks like he is doing fine and going back to play with kids is not going to help his development at all. But then again people moan in here about everything so I should take it with a grain of salt.

As well I take very few negatives from last nights game. We played the undefeated defending champs to a standstill for 2 periods before the cream rose to the top. We have been competitive with good teams except for the Avs game, the Bedard goal was great Last night. So far so good, I don’t get the negativity not sure what people were expecting.
It’s telling that Richardson is still putting Korchinski in all situations and is still playing meaningful minutes. It’s not like the kid is getting benched for periods at a time, so clearly the coaching staff likes what they see. That doesn’t scream a player who’s about to be sent down.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It’s telling that Richardson is still putting Korchinski in all situations and is still playing meaningful minutes. It’s not like the kid is getting benched for periods at a time, so clearly the coaching staff likes what they see. That doesn’t scream a player who’s about to be sent down.
Agree completely. They are giving the kid very important minutes and to me at least he looks damn good. Everyone makes mistakes but to me the positives far far outweigh mistakes he has made. Bedard has made just as many mistakes if not more, he is only 18. Do people want to send him down as well??

The coaching staff seems to agree, I can’t imagine they would send KK down but you never know. I just don’t see how sending him down helps his development at all, and that is the most important thing.

Reactions: coolhand

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Agree completely. They are giving the kid very important minutes and to me at least he looks damn good. Everyone makes mistakes but to me the positives far far outweigh mistakes he has made. Bedard has made just as many mistakes if not more, he is only 18. Do people want to send him down as well??

The coaching staff seems to agree, I can’t imagine they would send KK down but you never know. I just don’t see how sending him down helps his development at all, and that is the most important thing.
He should not be sent down for his play, he's been good but room for improvement. Now, his contract status might be the only factor to send him down, but that would be up to Davidson and how they want to handle that.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
He should not be sent down for his play, he's been good but room for improvement. Now, his contract status might be the only factor to send him down, but that would be up to Davidson and how they want to handle that.
I just don’t think hanging on to that extra year contract wise is a reason to send him down, it sends the wrong message to him and the team. The priority should be what is best for his development, clearly at least to me it looks as if he belongs up here to develop and sending him back to play with kids does nothing to help him.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
The Hawks are 2-4-0, they have 40 more home dates having started on the road for a he first 5 games…I’ll take it

The Hawks haven’t played a team yet that’s lost in regulation…
Pittsburgh 0-0-0
Boston 0-0-0ecird
Montreal 0-0-1
Toronto 2-0-0
Colorado 3-0-0
Vegas 5-0-0
…that’s a combined 10-0-1 record and as oh today those teams have a 22-6-1 record! And we have rematches against Boston and Vegas up next, neither have lost yet…tough schedule to start

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It screams a player getting a fulsome tryout when wins don’t matter.

Korchinski is a -6. There are some hard truths people need to be ready to understand. He’s got a lot of potential but a lot of work to do on his own end to where junior may be beneficial.

Reactions: who_me?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The Hawks are 2-4-0, they have 40 more home dates having started on the road for a he first 5 games…I’ll take it

The Hawks haven’t played a team yet that’s lost in regulation…
Pittsburgh 0-0-0
Boston 0-0-0ecird
Montreal 0-0-1
Toronto 2-0-0
Colorado 3-0-0
Vegas 5-0-0
…that’s a combined 10-0-1 record and as oh today those teams have a 22-6-1 record! And we have rematches against Boston and Vegas up next, neither have lost yet…tough schedule to start
Stop making sense, that’s not allowed in here

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I just don’t think hanging on to that extra year contract wise is a reason to send him down, it sends the wrong message to him and the team. The priority should be what is best for his development, clearly at least to me it looks as if he belongs up here to develop and sending him back to play with kids does nothing to help him.
Davidson has clearly stated that if a player belongs up, they will stay up and worry about future contract issues in the future

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It screams a player getting a fulsome tryout when wins don’t matter.

Korchinski is a -6. There are some hard truths people need to be ready to understand. He’s got a lot of potential but a lot of work to do on his own end to where junior may be beneficial.
Bedard is a -4, should he get sent back to juniors? +/- is not some be all end all stat, there are a lot of factors involved. I am not understanding how going back to playing with kids is going to benefit his development. He is physically able to play up here and getting good minutes, let him make his mistakes and learn against the big boys.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
That sounds fine.... but lack of support has little to do with Reichel's determination or lack thereof.

I don't disagree there and with what he's shown in the past, hopefully he will elevate to a higher level going forward.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Davidson has clearly stated that if a player belongs up, they will stay up and worry about future contract issues in the future
OK... I guess the question is: Can Davidson determine if a 19 year old Dman is capable of playing at the NHL level after just 5 games. The obvious answer is No. How about 9 games?

History tells us that the NHL in the first month or so is as easy as it gets. Shitty teams often look better than what they are and good teams sometimes come out of the gate flat. The same goes for players. The intensity level is nowhere near where it will be by year end. Korchinski has not passed the physicality test yet, is all I'm saying. Do Hawks wanna take a chance and rush a teenage Dman into the league when we all know that only a select few can handle it? How often over the years have good players been rushed and it has set them back rather than forward? These are the questions that need to be asked. The decision is not an easy one to make.

Reactions: Giovi

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
OK... I guess the question is: Can Davidson determine if a 19 year old Dman is capable of playing at the NHL level after just 5 games. The obvious answer is No. How about 9 games?

History tells us that the NHL in the first month or so is as easy as it gets. Shitty teams often look better than what they are and good teams sometimes come out of the gate flat. The same goes for players. The intensity level is nowhere near where it will be by year end. Korchinski has not passed the physicality test yet, is all I'm saying. Do Hawks wanna take a chance and rush a teenage Dman into the league when we all know that only a select few can handle it? How often over the years have good players been rushed and it has set them back rather than forward? These are the questions that need to be asked. The decision is not an easy one to make.
I'm totally on the fence with what to do with KK. But this post voices my worries about keeping him up.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

Do we know or think that he was a Davidson/MacIsaac pick? Or bowman/kelly?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Do we know or think that he was a Davidson/MacIsaac pick? Or bowman/kelly?
Reichel?

That was all Stanley. He was obsessed with narratives (see: Jones brothers) and loved that the Blackhawks played Reichel's DEL club in the preseason.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Reichel?

That was all Stanley. He was obsessed with narratives (see: Jones brothers) and loved that the Blackhawks played Reichel's DEL club in the preseason.
That's a reach, but in the draft videos they had Guhle and Reichel as their top 2 a few picks to go. And MTL took that dman.

Stan just made sure to sign every brother to make guys happy after he spurred Kayes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad