GDT: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks 7:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Korchinski has been decent.

But I would send him back to juniors after 9 games.

Phillips can take his spot the rest of the year, with a cup of coffee given to Allan at some point.

Reactions: scorehawks

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Reichel-Bedard-Perry. And before I hear criticism, is it really any worse than what we‘ve seen so far?

I unironically wouldn’t mind seeing Bedard play with Foligno.

I'll take Bedard with either guy. Both guys can bang on the corners with their forecheck and open the ice for the kid not to mention go to the net. I think he'll thrive with either.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
That impact card is…interesting.

Vlasic is definitely the early season revelation though. His poise is a treat to see and it was noticeable in person.

Vlasic through 6 games has been their best defender. And it's not even close. Worst is Murphy, Tinordi, Zaitsev, in any order you want to put them. Honestly, the kids are probably better off playing with the other kids, than with the "stabilizing veterans". Who are really the guys the kids keep having to try and cover for. lol

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes Bedard scored a goal...but generated only that 1 shot on net..Reichel had sone flashy rushes that came to nothing gas he had zero shots on net..So our 1 abd 2 C's generated a total of 1shot on goal which explains our lack of production from top six forward group..

Murphy on pk is hot garbage...Kk had a rough night defensively to at eves.Woukdchave been-3 if not forlate goal by Perry.

Vlasic was our only dman with goal prevention competence...Therest all have flaws...

KK probably should go back to juniors to work on improving in cutting off guys and finishing checks before sonething bad happens.Feeble stock do not stop attacks. Kk is rough defensively.

For Murphy it is slowness and seemingly inability to defend the close to the net ...For $9.5...his instinctual l awareness is bad unlike with Vlasic .

So we have both offensive and defensive problems.

So $9.5 and #5 are what they are=Feh and Meh...
Kk is very rough defensively and shoukd be back i juniorsxto work on his defense...else he may challenge or exceed $9.5 in the -38 race by year end.and that would not be good for any 18 year oldest sanity.

We obviously need to get Brdardxand Reichel to get more shots on goal ..

They need Kurashev back to complete Reichel with AA on a kibe that can skate with hisxsoeed ..but maybe he has to okay wingvwith AA at center?

Raddysh to me does not back check and loses his check in our zone so isclatecto prevent goals=a problem.

But face it...we got a lot of issues...which isxwhat we need to again finish bottom3 orc4 with our chance to land anotyercelitevorospectcatvthevtop ofvthevfirstcround.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
They have him playing very limited ice time on the 3rd line with bums.

Still a 30 goal scorer. Reichel could never.

I don't pretend to scout or know shit about it but you're so disingenuous it's f***ing annoying.

Go look at Dawson Mercers line mates this season man. He's played nearly all of his icetime with Nico Hischer and Meier or Palat, they aren't bums too are they? He's just not good enough for Hughes I guess and that's okay, but man come on.

Last year too his most common center was Hischer, whom he scored most of his 27g, not 30 as you claim. And this followed by Hughes who is pretty good I suppose.

And guess what else....he plays wing with those far superior players! He's just not currently showing enough for PP1 so his TOI numbers are down because of it, his 5v5 TOI is perfectly fine however.

Give Reichel that kind of support and playing his proper position, then you wouldn't be crowing so much, beyond just making dumb shit up like you just did.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Super tough game for the young Hawks. They didn't play that badly. Entertaining game. Can't have mental lapses against teams like Vegas, as they saw.
Yeah but I didn't come away feeling nearly as poorly as I did in the last game.

Lessons learned for the kids, hopefully. And Bedard is no exception... trying to do too much. For sure he has a steep learning curb at what he can do at the NHL level but his resume dictates that he will adapt quickly. I reckon we have a lot of fun coming.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Alex Vlasic 6GP 2a +6
KK 6GP 2a -6

1 was "ready" the other clearly not "ready"..
Kk on pace for -82 season...how much rope before they send hom back..

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
They played a hell of a lot better than they did against the Avs. If I feel like it tomorrow I’ll try to give a breakdown of my thoughts from the view of someone that was at the game. Major if though.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm fine with whatever they choose with Korchinski
I feel about the same at this stage..... maybe that will change when he reaches 9 games.
I'll take Bedard with either guy. Both guys can bang on the corners with their forecheck and open the ice for the kid not to mention go to the net. I think he'll thrive with either.
I think Bedard with 17 and 94 would be fun (at least part time). He certainly would feel well protected and it would create a bit of a dilemma for ops.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m not really sure what you do with KK to be honest. I think part of me says send him back and part of me says keep him.

I think perfect world he goes back. But honestly he’s better than Tinordi and Kaiser at this point. Hard to send him back as the 2nd best LD we have.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
What do you guys think about giving Dach a look when he's healthy?

They really need some help in the forward dept.

I would've claimed Foudy.

Reactions: hawksrule

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

God yes at this point. Dach would not look bad at all next Bedard honestly. Can play a physical game, but is intelligent enough to keep up with him and actually has some talent. Foudy is just Entwistle, nothing player.

I saw KK in person and thought he was pretty good. Certainly good enough to keep up.

This opinion is in the context of the rest of the team.
One thing we should keep in mind is KK excels at springing guys on the rush. But we don’t have close to enough talent to do that, so KK can’t show off his talents properly. Once we get more forward talent in the lineup, he’s gonna explode.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks generated only 2 high danger scoring chances in 5x5...that cannot be tenors for us or we may get kessoiints than lat season.

Hawks also need to generatexsonec2 on1 transitions..which isxwhy I hope Kurashev gets back and tgey re-unitechim with Reichel and AA and go north south straight line speed rushes hopefully getting sonex2 ones to cash in.

I hope they put Dach up onlinex1 with Bedard and let them grow together for sone chemistry..tgere us no chemistry with Bedard that I can see with any of his wingers 5x5.(I suspect Hall is playing hurt because I don't see any speed from him like he once could move.

Reactions: Jimmy2Times

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
God yes at this point. Dach would not look bad at all next Bedard honestly. Can play a physical game, but is intelligent enough to keep up with him and actually has some talent. Foudy is just Entwistle, nothing player.

One thing we should keep in mind is KK excels at springing guys on the rush. But we don’t have close to enough talent to do that, so KK can’t show off his talents properly. Once we get more forward talent in the lineup, he’s gonna explode.
Nazar and Moore are about to give him Q Hughes numbers 🥰

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013

Dach Bros-- are made of Glass... decent players that play hard-- BUT-- Have proven to be often injured... Dach is NOT the answer

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
I would keep Korchinski. He’s a defensive liability, but it’s not a problem this year. The more he plays against nhlers and the more he’s going to get used to it.

If he was being benched for his mistakes I’d be all for sending him back down, but it’s not the case. I’m confident in saying that he’s good enough that he will learn more in here than in the WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad