GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Think the best thing to do would be to pull Team Canada's collective heads out of their collective asses.
All those first round picks might think they don’t need to listen need to listen. If s guy won’t plays like a grunt, then don’t put him on the ice.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The American's defensemen feel confident holding the blue line because Canada's breakout is so weak so far. Most of the other teams Canada has played were more conservative teams that backed out of the offensive zone to be in defensive position.

A couple small adjustments and breakouts through the middle, I think we’ll be fine.

Started out really strong and finished with some good chances, some poor play in the middle of the period, particularly the Quinn line. He’s been a nightmare in his own zone and should ride the bench for the rest of the game.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
You guys are crazy, American fans are just being contrarian and fooling around :P I am just here to watch Canadian fans sweat because until now this game was not even close on David vs. Goliath proportions and it's funny; at least, until the flood gates open :P This is great hockey, everyone should be having fun with it.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Canada has been carried by 3-5 guys all tournament and it shows here against a US team that has more future NHL talent on it. A lot of these US guys have played together a lot before as well

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
I’ve been anxious and in complete knots ever since around 6:00. Very little of that has to do with this game. Most of it is about the ginormous political stakes in the US Senate. Saying that, I’m hoping a hat trick of results goes the way I want....thank heavens for this gmg because it’s helping take my mind off politics (to some extent).

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Standard WHL type playoff reffing for a junior game in Canada.

Obvious shit gets called (tripping, high sticking, blatant hits from behind, etc.) but the rough stuff gets allowed with some leeway, tick tack penalties aren’t really called.

Standard North American hockey reffing in playoffs/knockouts. It’s mostly Europeans who whine about the lack of calls, I think NA hockey fans are used to letting it go a bit during playoff/knockout hockey.
"If you tought I was letting **** slide before.... you've got another thing coming!" - actual quote from a ref from my Bantam league here out West

Reactions: snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad