GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
US is also shortening their bench. They are running with top 2 lines

Guhle and Schinder are just to slow carrying the puck out. US D carries the puck out, we try to pass it out

Schneider sucks, I have no idea how he was a high first round pick. If Byram and Drysdale aren't on the ice, it's a struggle to get an outlet pass from the d-men.

Oct 18, 2011
US is also shortening their bench. They are running with top 2 lines

Guhle and Schinder are just to slow carrying the puck out. US D carries the puck out, we try to pass it out
to me this isn't a good thing, our second line has done nothing 5 on 5 most games, Beniers will be good but he is playing a very generic game and Caufield I am not gonna start arguing about.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The refs let them play in the first

The only non call I would question was Schneider early in the game against the boards in the US zone.

Standard WHL type playoff reffing for a junior game in Canada.

Obvious shit gets called (tripping, high sticking, blatant hits from behind, etc.) but the rough stuff gets allowed with some leeway, tick tack penalties aren’t really called.

Standard North American hockey reffing in playoffs/knockouts. It’s mostly Europeans who whine about the lack of calls, I think NA hockey fans are used to letting it go a bit during playoff/knockout hockey.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
The American's defensemen feel confident holding the blue line because Canada's breakout is so weak so far. Most of the other teams Canada has played were more conservative teams that backed out of the offensive zone to be in defensive position.

Anichels

May 3, 2013
Hub City
Aside from *The Shift* (you know the one) I thought Canada played pretty well overall.

US gained a bunch of momentum after that.

Levi played solid.
Cozens is playing his worst game, maybe nervous?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Have to play the guys who are playing hard tonight. We are getting out coached so far. He has his favorites but has to make something happen.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Standard WHL type playoff reffing for a junior game in Canada.

Obvious shit gets called (tripping, high sticking, blatant hits from behind, etc.) but the rough stuff gets allowed with some leeway, tick tack penalties aren’t really called.

Standard North American hockey reffing in playoffs/knockouts. It’s mostly Europeans who whine about the lack of calls, I think NA hockey fans are used to letting it go a bit during playoff/knockout hockey.
Yep. Refs have done a fantastic job this tournament. Much better than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad