GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'd like to sarcastically thank Brink for putting an end to USA's pressure and getting Canada in the game.

On a more positive note, I was impressed with Caufield that period. He really came to play today and looks more like the top player that we were expecting coming into the tournament.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Now the Canadians have experienced a hockey team with lots of IQ, control and pace....

2nd period... now they must regain their mojo...

Zegras was right... now is the real test...

The 2nd...

Reactions: NewDef

Jan 25, 2013
Just offsides...
"How dare Zegras be confident. Typical American"

---Canadians in this thread 5 mins before puck drop

200w.webp

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
It’s still early. The USA is playing very well and that was a nice goal after lengthy pressure. Solid penalty kill towards the end of the period.

I expect Canada to come out strong to start the 2nd period. This has been a great Gold Medal Game so far imho.
334BD6DF-5EAE-4595-A8C0-AA1F919A7D8B.gif

Reactions: NewDef and d rake

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Turcotte/zegras look better than cozens/byfield in this one so far.
This exactly. Canada doesn’t have the elite skill the US does, so they need to play a grinding game. Can all these first round picks take the pain needed to play a grunt game? Right now it sure doesn’t look like it. It looks, to me, like too many Canadian players are trying to match skills with the US elite guys, and that’s a losing battle. Muck it up boys, or you’re going to get dominated.

Reactions: flyersfan018

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Whoever wins will play the Zegras interview forever.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
indeed - which is why the refs have to be fair and call it equally for both sides

Ah yes, calling penalties on a team just because they've had a powerplay is the ideal way to officiate a game.

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
Good battle USA, Canada will be much stronger in the second! Ghule is reilly good, Beniers is fast and Quinn, Perfetti and Byfield are in autodestruction mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad