4thliner*

1-ziba.jpg

Zbad in epic hero mode last night
AifiSKSCAAEcmue.jpg

Erik Karlsson this morning

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I'm as big a Team Russia fanboy as anyone but Sweden flat out deserved that game. Looked like our boys were tired or just gave up.

Russia was dead tired.....3 games in 4 nights.
Its no excuse though, they put themselves in that position. Or better yet Sweden put them in that position by winning the prelim game.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
notttttt true, we care alot

Yes, even the Finnish hockey community went crazy when they heard they were gonna play the semi against Sweden.

Haha, that's an over statement. A small part of the hockey community perhaps did. And hockey community is a very small part of the population. I don't think overall many bothered to watch any of the games. That's just the way it has always been. Here it's WC and Olympic hockey that gets people interested.

4thliner*

A window into Zbad's game and evaluation as a player

Watch Zbad the shift that took place between 15:40-15:00 of OT. Goes after a Russian Dman #3 and crushes him on the forecheck. Russian swipes the puck quickly and takes the hit to make the play. Another Russian #4 has the puck later in the shift but is being forechecked hard, steers away from the boards with the puck quickly from being hit or finished against the boards. The puck is stolen from Russian #4 by Zbad. Comes to the net for an excellent scoring chance play. Swinging towards the other side of the rink Zbad trips over and is taken out of the play by own teammate Sweden #13. Now him along with Swedish #13 are way out of the play and Russians #17 Gregrenko, #7, and #23 go on an odd-man break the other way.

Znad who by now has been on the ice for over a minute of high energy shift, gets up and jets his way back as hard as he can skate and manages to catch up with the trailing man Russian #7 and completely takes his body and stick out of the play.

#7 would have has an easy tap in goal if Zbad does not get off his ass from the other side of the rink after being up ended by an own teammate, and couple of shifts later there would be no celebration.

The point I am trying to make is what Zbad brings to the table as a hockey player can not be measures by only goals and assists even though he can do that very well also with high level of skill.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
It's been done already but I gotta give thanks to the support by the Canadian fans. I'm sure it helped the Swedes alot. The SO win against the Russians was key to getting to the finals and getting a psychological advantage against the Russians. I don't think they would have made it without the support.

It was so fun watching the Swedish broadcast after the gold medal game, it was real amateur hour. State TV so no commercial breaks and they had no real talking points or video analysis and it wasn't clear who was supposed to do the hosting, interviewing and such, just shooting the **** with whichever player or team staff that came by and at times the team themselves seem to have had more control of the broadcast and turned interviewers themselves several times. The cuts between video feeds was hilarious, they didn't seem to have any communication between them, I guess the technical staff were all partying hard as well.

Last edited:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Haha, that's an over statement. A small part of the hockey community perhaps did. And hockey community is a very small part of the population. I don't think overall many bothered to watch any of the games. That's just the way it has always been. Here it's WC and Olympic hockey that gets people interested.

WJC is growing fast in popularity and status in Europe that's for sure. It's simply fun and exciting watching the future generation of stars. The level of hockey being played is impressive.

WC without many of worlds best players isn't really a world championship, at least not for the hockey community but maybe for the public?

Olympic Games is number one in all aspects.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
It's been done already but I gotta give thanks to the support by the Canadian fans. I'm sure it helped the Swedes alot. The SO win against the Russians was key to getting to the finals and getting a psychological advantage against the Russians. I don't think they would have made it without the support.

It was so fun watching the Swedish broadcast after the gold medal game, it was real amateur hour. State TV so no commercial breaks and they had no real talking points or video analysis and it wasn't clear who was supposed to do the hosting, interviewing and such, just shooting the **** with whichever player or team staff that came by and at times the team themselves seem to have had more control of the broadcast and turned interviewers themselves several times. The cuts between video feeds was hilarious, they didn't seem to have any communication between them, I guess the technical staff were all partying hard as well.

Good post and I agree. :)

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
I agree aswell except for the part that you said Sweden won the shoot-out against Russia. It was OT. ;)

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
We dominated Russia in both games. Unfortunately they had goalies standing on their respective heads in both games, at the same time as Sweden lacked top notch shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad