GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Sweden 1, Russia 0 (OT) • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Congratulations to Sweden. Full credit for the win. They were the best team. Very worthy champions.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Best team won, simple as that. So glad to see Sweden win. Very deserving and it's been a very long wait for them. Enjoy it, see you next year.

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
What the **** was that Russia? Anyways congrats Sweden you really hustled hard the whole tourney and deserved it. To a good Juniors next year!

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
So glad Russia lost. Would have been a travesty to see them luck their way to a win in this game, after they did that last game against the Canadians. Congrats Sweden, you deserved it! :yo:

Densin219

Dec 31, 2011
I like sweden's style a lot. Forwards are backchecking and forechecking like crazy. That's why Russia is always pushed back into their own zone. Sweden's D also jump into offense at the right time. They deserve the win.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Why are people getting on the Canadian crowd for cheering for Sweden? Russia beat Canada so ya were going to cheer Sweden. PLus Sweden deserved it. The crowd provided an electric atmosphere, would it have been better if they were dead quiet? didnt think so :shakehead

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
What a move by Zibby, just unbelieveable. So clutch.

Can't believe it's the 92s that win it in the end.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Glad Zibanejad scored the gamewinner.. he was the best swedish forward today. Klefbom has been simply fantastic the last few games aswell.

Polansky

Apr 5, 2007
I think Russia got overly confident beating Canada and it ended up costing them

Everyone saw Kuznetsov's quote. The Russians don't care if they win gold, all they want to do is beat Canada. Must be nice to aspire to be a loser.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Love seeing Canadians showing "class" again when their team isn't good enough.

As for the game, one of the better games I've seen. Congrats to both teams.

You would have them sit on their hands all game? The fans are going to pick a side and cheer. That is what watching sports is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad