GDT: Gold Medal Game • Feb. 23 • Sweden vs. Canada • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid had been shooting first on breakaways without much success lately in the NHL and in this tourney. He was deking for sure on that one and it paid off.

20 minutes.
Give me everything you've got.

Saintpatrick*

Can't believe people are saying that the Swedes saying 'injuries' is an excuse.

It's the most valid one ever. Equivalent to us being down our whole 1st and 3rd lines really.

It's a valid excuse but to keep harping on it is annoying. They're still very much in this game.

trovah

Feb 18, 2014
Swedes look to be OOM

Still think Sweden will score a goal in the 3rd. If you cant score a goal, you never deserved to win anyway.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This may sound incredibly Canadian hockey conceited, but this game is over.

Canada is playing too well defensively to allow 3 goals in 20 mins.

Not happening.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

It's the most valid one ever. Equivalent to us being down our whole 1st and 3rd lines really.

I agree. Their missing players affect that team more than losing Stamkos and Tavares hurts us, in all fairness. Depth and all.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
I'm embarrassed!:(

I mean. We play without our three best players. Our fourth liner is our first center. But this is not okay. Jonathan Eriksson thinks he's Erik Karlsson all of the sudden? Oduya can't connect any passes!

My God!

Stamkos, Tavares, Someone finish the list

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I don't even want us to score now. Don't let Crosby be credited with the GWG.

No legit top 6 centers is killing us in this game though. Also MÃ¥rts should play Hagelin and Nyquist a lot more.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.

Canadas missing Stamkos and Tavares... 2 of the top 5 players in the world..... excuses are for losers.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah, because nobody on a Sweden is better than Kunitz.

We've got like 6+ people not on the team better than Kunitz. He's there because he's Sid's winger. There are people on Sweden who MIGHT make our forward group, but let's not forget that this is a team missing Hall, Giroux, Thornton, Neal, Seguin, Eberle, etc.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Canada is just in another league this year then every other team, regardless of the scores, this game is just the USA game all over again.

Them watching us play

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Fire MÃ¥rts. F him and his "chemistry" pairings. remove Tallinder and Ericsson/Oduya add Hedman and Brodin.

OEL is getting benched due to Ericsson/Oduya what a ****ing joke!

Nice give away Ericsson...

congrats Team Canada to the gold.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Karlsson non existent offensively so far.. Hard to see them scoring 3 on Price but anything can happen! Keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad