GDT: Gold Medal Game • Feb. 23 • Sweden vs. Canada • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintpatrick*

You honestly think it's an excuse?

They're a weaker team. For them to lose 3 players who play 15-20 minutes for them each, it's killer. It's like us losing six top six forwards.

Yes, we lost Stamkos, but that's the equivalent of them being down both Henrik's.

Sweden and Finland deserve standing ovations for finishing in the podium with their injuries down the middle. Let's not get carried away with the 'excuses'

If we were down, all of Canada would blame Kunitz as the reason we lost.

But to constantly say it makes them sound like they're whining but we're the classless gloating Canadians...please! Yes Finland and Sweden played an amazing Olympics but to use that as an excuse when their goalie is keeping them in it is just so childish.

Davebo*

Canada dominating at times there, but never count the Swedes out.

Continue to pour on the forecheck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Can't believe people are saying that the Swedes saying 'injuries' is an excuse.

It's the most valid one ever. Equivalent to us being down our whole 1st and 3rd lines really.

Ducksgo*

One final period. I'm expecting Sweden to come firing on all cylinders they have nothing to lose

Petri1981

Dec 20, 2013
Scoring chances: Sweden:13 - Canada:28

Very brutal olympic final. Canada is just too good.

Ralfduran

Jul 24, 2009
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm embarrassed!:(

I mean. We play without our three best players. Our fourth liner is our first center. But this is not okay. Jonathan Eriksson thinks he's Erik Karlsson all of the sudden? Oduya can't connect any passes!

My God!

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Sweden is missing Bäckström something fierce. Do we have any good centers.. NO!
Bäckström was behind our PP. Best players for SWE right now are Sedin and Louie and it does not feel like it will be enough.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Canada has the better goalie today so they will probably win.

Can't win over Canada without the better goalie !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad