Post-Game Talk: Gojira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
In this thread you will be convinced that our team is so broken and so far away from being serious but in this thread you will also read about the patchwork changes that need to be made.
But nothing written will change the 6-3 result

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
8-7-1 in last 16.

Outside of Bread-Troch-Laf this team is really lacking. It’s a team full of passengers. Mika is the most passive and hesitant player over ever seen and it’s infuriating, as are his hands which are worse at accepting passes than kids I played with in bantams. Mika would literally pass up a wide open net with nobody near him just to force a pass to a teammate who is at a worse angle and he’d put the pass in their skates.

Defense was atrocious and honestly Igor was just as bad. We had tons of high danger chances on Demko and he made tons of great saves. Not every turnover and scoring chance needs to be a goal against. Miller has regressed big time, Trouba can’t carry a pair himself, Lindgren is a shell and Fox is clearly not back to himself post injury.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Fox played more than Trouba at 5v5!!!! :partytime:

...and Trouba still managed to be on the ice for 3 goals against at 5v5.
All of the D need to calm the f*** down. They are all pinching way too aggressively in the name of keeping plays alive or creating offense, though i guess it's what happens when the forwards don't generate shit. The forwards are f***ing up too many breakouts too.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
They have 0% cup equity as long as Mika is Meeka. Full stop, end of story, you can rearrange all the deck chairs you want on the Titanic but nothing matters if your #1C is this player.
Not sure what this means. I've liked his game most of the season. When he was getting the most S he had been on the ice for like 2 5 on 5 goals against up until that point. We're not exactly dealing with mensa members doing the evals on here.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
All of the D need to calm the f*** down. They are all pinching way too aggressively in the name of keeping plays alive or creating offense, though i guess it's what happens when the forwards don't generate shit. The forwards are f***ing up too many breakouts too.
this D aren't pinching anymore than the average NHL d corps they just suck dog shit at it.

mostly because of the fact that they have absolutely no talent

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Goodrow was a Drury contract and is one of our single biggest issues.

He's also the one that inexplicably signed the gaped corpse of bonino
I'll give you Goodrow....as for the other dregs -- they were the best of the garbage available for the little money we had. Most knew there would be problems if we sustained any major injuries.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I’m not sure what’s worse, Bonino/Goodrow on different lines or the same line. I think I’d rather stack the shitters than spread them out at this point

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think it’s worth trying

Panarin Zibs Laffy
Kreider Tro Cuylle
Don’t care Vesey
Really don’t care

Potluck was the engine in the bottom 6

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I'll give you Goodrow....as for the other dregs -- they were the best of the garbage available for the little money we had. Most knew there would be problems if we sustained any major injuries.
i have no problem with wheeler or pitlick signings. they were fine signings. bonino hasn't been good since 2017 and I absolutely could not see the logic in signing him

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
At this point why have Bonino and Goodrow - they are basically the same? Why have either of them?
Drury overestimated Bonino and Wheeler. To be fair, if Chytil and Kakko didn't go down, Bonino and Wheeler wouldn't be in the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad