God of War: Ragnarok - out November 9th

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I have no proof but I think it’s a ploy to keep the game relevant as long as possible.

They had a full year delay to add this in
They used that year to make sure the game isn't buggy. They set the bar high for stability in a game at launch. That is where the year was spend. A year well spent,

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't typically play NG+ in any game, but isn't it usually just the same game with the health/damage scaled differently and you get to keep any weapons/armor/abilities you acquired?

Definitely seems like a strategic decision to not release NG+ at launch.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
They used that year to make sure the game isn't buggy. They set the bar high for stability in a game at launch. That is where the year was spend. A year well spent,
Agreed, and the fact that a AAAA game coming out that isn’t full of bugs is the exception is sad.

I just feel like new game plus can’t be that difficult to implement. Especially since they’ve done it once with GOW 2018. It’s just a bit disappointing for players like me who love this game so much that I want to play through it again knowing all the techniques and playing with different builds.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Agreed, and the fact that a AAAA game coming out that isn’t full of bugs is the exception is sad.

I just feel like new game plus can’t be that difficult to implement. Especially since they’ve done it once with GOW 2018. It’s just a bit disappointing for players like me who love this game so much that I want to play through it again knowing all the techniques and playing with different builds.
I find Sony and Nintendo with their first party output tend to rely the least on Day One patches (keep in mind, Pokemon is a 2nd party development for Nintendo). There are obvious exceptions (Days Gone), but I generally have faith in those two companies that what they put out on Day One will be fairly complete.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Random question for anyone still playing: have they patched out your companion's unfortunate tendency to spoil and/or trivialize every puzzle sequence?

I feel like that would really increase my enjoyment.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Finally 100% the game.

Gna was a tough fight.. thank god I found the storm of bifrost build,

I am not ashamed to admit I beat her on easy, and even then it took me probably 20 tries which isn't normal, I heard the dark souls games were some of the hardest games out there, I bought them and walked through them with ease for the most part including the infamous Orstein and Smog.

not Gna though, not even close

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Rolled credits on the DLC and I am blown away that it's free. Not only is it a fantastic roguelite, but it is absoutely essential the the story as a whole. More than a few moments were on par, if not more-so, than the main game.

Reactions: robertmac43

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The DLC is incredible still don't know how I'm supposed to get 15,000 fleeting ecos in one run.
Just play on normal, invest heavy into one weapon/skillset and then just sprint between Chosen portals and boss doors in the final area. Once you start mapping that area out a bit after a few runs you'll get the hang of when you should run back to the central hub to upgrade more and/or heal. Also don't be afraid of the timer ticking down near the last difficulty level because if your build is good enough you'll just obliterate the enemies anyway. If you knock out most of the portals/doors you'll easily end up with 30k+ by the end of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad