Post-Game Talk: [GM61] Canucks lose to Penguins in OT | 3-4 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Miller) | Well...Dang It

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
What really pissed me off about tonight is that we basically never lose this game unless we give it away, and we gave it away. Just a modicum of defensive responsibility and we coast to the easiest win of our lives, but we just kept serving up pizzas and asking them "please f***ing score on us" until the Penguins squeaked over the finish line. f*** this game man

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Lmao hes been soft as rice paper since January he gets some points tonight he goes 1 on 3 tries a move loses puck end up in his net on a soft d play by him .
Did he score get winner no.
Can't win cups with soft perimeter guys hes that and he hasn't looked near what he can be should be wanting what he's asking for ya watch mckinnon that's 12 million and he's worth it.
Sigh... good lord

@SillyRabbit @PuckMunchkin i hope this doesn’t meant what I think it means…
Sorry. What now?

Ep wants money no press easy days
Just comedy gold all the way.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
What really pissed me off about tonight is that we basically never lose this game unless we give it away, and we gave it away. Just a modicum of defensive responsibility and we coast to the easiest win of our lives, but we just kept serving up pizzas and asking them "please f***ing score on us" until the Penguins squeaked over the finish line. f*** this game man

We gave em the fricking game.

In my opinion that sucked.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
the last call was borderline. Boeser was also hooked in O.T but it was missed by the bias refs. Clearly the NHl wants

he was ok until the O.T. Puck bounced on him, than he magically blew a tire. He was good against Boston the other night. unless its a good trade, i'm ok with him.
We have other fish to fry, he has played well and been an important part of this team and it has to be a trade that it clearly makes sense for us to trade him. I just don’t trust he will maintain this level and am openly wondering how he will perform in the playoffs.

That said, he had played well enough to have a couple off nights.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
Nor pass really.

His game is built around his skating and the skating isnt there at all right now.

Last season some people got tricked in to believing he is something he is not. An opportunistic scorer.

He’s been ok for what he is - a 23 year old journeyman. But the eye test and stats don’t lie so far, he’s a step behind and got destroyed on the matchups tonight. Part of it is Lindholm not really pulling his weight and Garland having a poor-ish game too but gotta think Podkolzin has more to give.
Sorry I actually meant Mikheyev. Not a great game but looked better than what I've seen from him lately.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I like each of Garland, Lindholm and Bains, but I don’t think that unit meshed well. They had a tough night.

Conversely, thought our fourth line was excellent. Lafferty and PDG had their best game in quite some time.

Miller in particular was a monster tonight. Boeser was strong. Demko too. Tough to waste good performances - but that was a desperate Pittsburgh team that needed the points.

Onto the next one.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Sigh... good lord

Sorry. What now?
Really what's ep winning he lost a game tonight did he hit score own boards physically beat anyone to make a play the criticism is warranted you want that money earn it did he tonight has he lately at all .
Talented soft mental player trade for a warrior Miller can work with

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I'm convinced that we're deploying our worst wingers with Pettersson to sink his numbers, how else do you explain Mikheyev getting regular shifts with him at this point? Petey was doing all of the small things correctly tonight, manufacturing zone entries with possession, playing responsibly, drawing penalties, holding onto the puck to find more space, fighting on the forecheck, and Mikheyev just tanked the momentum every single time

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
nice to see Puck is here with us live today instead of 5 hours after the game , sucks we couldn’t get the win. We still played well though

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I like each of Garland, Lindholm and Bains, but I don’t think that unit meshed well. They had a tough night.

Conversely, thought our fourth line was excellent. Lafferty and PDG had their best game in quite some time.

Miller in particular was a monster tonight. Boeser was strong. Demko too. Tough to waste good performances - but that was a desperate Pittsburgh team that needed the points.

Onto the next one.

same.

personally, I don't think Bains is ready for a top 6 role, and the last 2 games, he's struggled at points, but I think he's still good enough to stick around.

Garland, omg, I don't know what else to say about this guy. Plays with a lot of heart. works best with Dakota Joshua on the 3rd line.

Lindholm is still getting use to our team.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
I'm convinced that we're deploying our worst wingers with Pettersson to sink his numbers, how else do you explain Mikheyev getting regular shifts with him at this point? Petey was doing all of the small things correctly tonight, manufacturing zone entries with possession, playing responsibly, drawing penalties, holding onto the puck to find more space, fighting on the forecheck, and Mikheyev just tanked the momentum every single time
You don't believe that.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Maybe petey hasn't showed enough Tocchet wants hard work smart work why is ep moving down lines oh ya to sign him cheap tank games lmao

lawrence

May 19, 2012

we might as well also say, we took Pettersson off Jt Millers line to tank his numbers also. 🤡

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Sorry I actually meant Mikheyev. Not a great game but looked better than what I've seen from him lately.
Ah. Problem is that we’re saying that about him after every game and he seems to just kill any offensive creativity and momentum while being soft as a feather. For his cap hit, he’s an absolute anchor that doesn’t fit this team’s identity or timeline to compete this year. We need an Allvin miracle on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad