Post-Game Talk: [GM53] Canucks defeat Capitals (OT) | 3-2 (Garland, Hoglander, & Miller) | Just Win, Baby!

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
This is pretty normal in most mid-sized cities/towns. Most people I know in abbotsford are terrified of Vancouver because it’s the big city. Have barely gone beyond Langley. Same thing when I lived in Japan. Knew a lot of people that rarely left Yamagata and had no concept if bigger places.

Main difference is Edmonton has the Oilers, and their past fawning success, so I there’s a mass delusion that it’s important in some way. I imagine Green Bay is the same but not propped up by maps of Canada that feature our laughably minuscule excuses for cities.

I was once at a resort in Cabo where the Chili's restaurant chain was hosting a retreat for the managers of their best-performing locations. These were guys with high school educations who acted like they were Rhodes scholars, it was f***ing incredible.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Did we deserve it? Probably not but I'll freaking take it! Not a bad road trip so far especially considering the competition.
I love that we aren't satisfied in a game we won but didn't dominate.
We certainly didn't play bad but we really can't afford to have a third of our defense out, especially Soucy.
I've been Myers biggest supporter but he's starting to fall back into bad habits and if I'm being honest, Jullsen has earned a spot in the top 6. I focus on him a ton and he's earned a starting job.

I think they need to put #23 back with EP along with Hogz and Suter back with JT.
I'd like to see the two Swedes together without Mikheyev. EP and Hogz have looked good together and Suter looked good with JT.
Moving Lindy around after 1 bad game after joining a new team seems panicky imo.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Mikheyev buyout if he lays an egg at the beginning of next season and doesn't show that he's recovered:

24-25: $3.6M saved ($1.1M cap penalty)
25-26: $2.6M saved ($2.1M cap penalty) - contract ends here
26-27: $1.5M penalty
27-28: $1.5M penalty

Like it's not that bad and could be considered if we can't trade him next year and we need his cap savings to re-sign important pieces

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
lots of long term things going on we need to keep in mind (remember months ago our goal was just make the playoffs)

- learning this system/structure and how to be comfortable playing defence
- learning combinations and chemistry and who clicks (this can take time)
- learning how to manage games (which championship teams do)
- learning how to be consistent in responses and motivation

there are some little hiccups, and it's pretty cool that we are successful enough to bring some passion back into it.. but this definitely isn't being treated like a sprint.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Mikheyev buyout if he lays an egg at the beginning of next season and doesn't show that he's recovered:

24-25: $3.6M saved ($1.1M cap penalty)
25-26: $2.6M saved ($2.1M cap penalty) - contract ends here
26-27: $1.5M penalty
27-28: $1.5M penalty

Like it's not that bad and could be considered if we can't trade him next year and we need his cap savings to re-sign important pieces

That buyout would be if we bought out this year, in June 2024. If he lays an egg to begin next season it would just be a single year we're buying out (spread over two years).

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Hogs with 16 goals playing about 12 minutes a night. At what point do you move him off the 4th line into the top 6?
It’s getting close.
In reality next year in my opinion. You float them this year maintaining but the most important thing you can do is become better at everything else but scoring. Next year spots open for him

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
I was once at a resort in Cabo where the Chili's restaurant chain was hosting a retreat for the managers of their best-performing locations. These were guys with high school educations who acted like they were Rhodes scholars, it was f***ing incredible.
the bar with the Alergrove grizzlies stuff and other BC NHL stuff... been there if so.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The shambling corpse of what used to be Bioware? 😭
He joined for Inquisition & is prominent leadership on Dreadwolf. The fact he's still there is a canary on the coalmine. There was a big flush of toxic divas there recently & I know there is a strategic push to return to their roots.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00