Post-Game Talk: [GM53] Canucks defeat Capitals (OT) | 3-2 (Garland, Hoglander, & Miller) | Just Win, Baby!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Garland line was good. Petey line was okay.

Miller Lindholm boeser look out of sorts. If you keep Miller and boeser together you need to find the right fit with them so that line can be more dangerous at even strength. Personally think Garland would improve that line but that would take the salient off the 3rd line.

Also think the 4th line could use an upgrade over Aman. He's good in small spurts but most games he just exists.
Yes I'm not sure Lindholm helps Miller and Boeser enough to take away the sizeable investment from not helping 2 lines vs one that's been good all year.

I'm not sure why Mikhayev doesn't get a shot with 9 and 6. His N S speed would help those 2 in transition.

Would free up Lindholm to play with the 2 other Swedes Hog and Petey which would be fun to watch

Drop Suter down the 4C. Amen has struggled and you could get some scoring from Suter Lafferty PDG. I'd like to see it given a shot

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Teams have had time now to study our power play and how to frustrate it. When we get home, there will be time to make some changes that will bring a few surprises. We're just a little stale and predictable right now.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
My long time mentor works at BioWare and he has some stories about the local talent there. Just no concept of the world outside Edmonton, they think they're doing big city living.

Reactions: Vector

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In a way it's good that the rink is being tilted against the Canucks right now. And even though they're finding ways to squeeze out points, there's some red flags around this team, particularly as we head towards the playoffs.

The first thing you noticed about the Canucks lineup today is that they're 'small' It's really noticeable with Soucy and Zadorov out of the lineup. Their bottom six is skilled and shifty, but other than Joshua, they're getting consistently erased along the wall.

And what the rationale is for Tocchet to scratch Lafferty and sub in Di Guiseppe, is a mystery to me. Lafferty is a tons better skater, and will actually hit somebody on the forecheck. Di Guiseppe on the other hand, just can't get there. So unless there's an injury we don't know about, time to make a switch back to Lafferty.

So as we head to the TDL, Allvin will scouring the market for a big forward or two. In the playoffs, it's all about 'big boy' hockey. So look to the Canucks to add some size and sandpaper up front.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I will once again say, if/when we need cap relief in the off-season, Mikheyev 100% needs to go instead of Garland.

Garland has transformed into one of the most underrated players in the NHL. I wish he had Mikheyev’s size but at the same time, Garland being as big/small as he is almost plays into his game better. He is insane on the boards.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I think some of you guys don't recognize how difficult the grind of an nhl season is. Our schedule has been non-stop brutal. All of our eastern road trips just squeezed into tiny segments. I'm expecting the Canucks' play to tick up again as they head home and get some more breaks, well more into march anyways.

I will once again say, if/when we need cap relief in the off-season, Mikheyev 100% needs to go instead of Garland.

Garland has transformed into one of the most underrated players in the NHL. I wish he had Mikheyev’s size but at the same time, Garland being as big/small as he is almost plays into his game better. He is insane on the boards.
Anybody know what Mikheyev's buyout might look like?

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
My long time mentor works at BioWare and he has some stories about the local talent there. Just no concept of the world outside Edmonton, they think they're doing big city living.

This is pretty normal in most mid-sized cities/towns. Most people I know in abbotsford are terrified of Vancouver because it’s the big city. Have barely gone beyond Langley. Same thing when I lived in Japan. Knew a lot of people that rarely left Yamagata and had no concept if bigger places.

Main difference is Edmonton has the Oilers, and their past fawning success, so I there’s a mass delusion that it’s important in some way. I imagine Green Bay is the same but not propped up by maps of Canada that feature our laughably minuscule excuses for cities.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
In a series of unfortunate circumstances, Ian Cole was giving up the puck with weak clears most of the game and Suter should never play in overtime.

Reactions: Grantham

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I’m not sure why Miller and Boeser seem to be glued to the hip when they’ve been pretty mediocre for awhile now outside of a few flashes. I’d be curious to either put Boeser with Pettersson, or really shake things up and go

Miller - Pettersson - Hoglander
Garland - Lindholm - Boeser

Of course that would break up the third line, but I thought Joshua and Blueger haven’t been quite on Garland’s level lately anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad