Post-Game Talk: [GM53] Canucks defeat Capitals (OT) | 3-2 (Garland, Hoglander, & Miller) | Just Win, Baby!

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He joined for Inquisition & is prominent leadership on Dreadwolf. The fact he's still there is a canary on the coalmine. There was a big flush of toxic divas there recently & I know there is a strategic push to return to their roots.

I have opinions! But this isn’t the thread for this.

Reactions: Indiana

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He joined for Inquisition & is prominent leadership on Dreadwolf. The fact he's still there is a canary on the coalmine. There was a big flush of toxic divas there recently & I know there is a strategic push to return to their roots.
I'll just add that canary in the coalmine, is the only part of this that I understood. :)

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I'll just add that canary in the coalmine, is the only part of this that I understood. :)

Hey, I'm going to the Canaries soon.

Which have nothing to do with the bird, as it happens. Rather they are named after dogs.

Anyway, it was great to be able to watch a couple of games live. Was fairly underwhelmed by most of the forwards except Garland. Joshua and Blueger good efforts at least. Great goal by Hog, but I didn't see him stand out aside from that either.

• Love

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Third game in four nights, and the Canucks were running on fumes at times. But their 'discipline and systems play' enabled them to eke out another win.

A tough night for the top players on the Canucks.....in fact before Miller's gift in OT, neither he, nor Pettersson or Boeser had done much in this game. But key goals by Hoglander and Garland--the two smallest forwards on the Canucks--were the key to getting it into OT.

Roadie wraps up on Chicago on Tuesday. A winnable game--but you wonder about fatigue.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Mikheyev buyout if he lays an egg at the beginning of next season and doesn't show that he's recovered:

24-25: $3.6M saved ($1.1M cap penalty)
25-26: $2.6M saved ($2.1M cap penalty) - contract ends here
26-27: $1.5M penalty
27-28: $1.5M penalty

Like it's not that bad and could be considered if we can't trade him next year and we need his cap savings to re-sign important pieces

Send him to Calgary with a pick for Tanev. Flames management know he'll explode as soon as he's out of Tocchet's system, just like Kuzmenko.

• Love

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Third game in four nights, and the Canucks were running on fumes at times. But their 'discipline and systems play' enabled them to eke out another win.

A tough night for the top players on the Canucks.....in fact before Miller's gift in OT, neither he, nor Pettersson or Boeser had done much in this game. But key goals by Hoglander and Garland--the two smallest forwards on the Canucks--were the key to getting it into OT.

Roadie wraps up on Chicago on Tuesday. A winnable game--but you wonder about fatigue.

I have to admit i don't know much about hockey, but i am surprise the team who took so much rest during the all star break can face fatigue so soon again.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
And what the rationale is for Tocchet to scratch Lafferty and sub in Di Guiseppe, is a mystery to me. Lafferty is a tons better skater, and will actually hit somebody on the forecheck. Di Guiseppe on the other hand, just can't get there. So unless there's an injury we don't know about, time to make a switch back to Lafferty.

Lafferty has been rather poor the last several games. Tocchet likely saw it as an opportunity to settle him down while getting PDG some games after a lengthily injury.

Reactions: Bgav

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I have to admit i don't know much about hockey, but i am surprise the team who took so much rest during the all star break can face fatigue so soon again.
The 6 players that went to the ASG didn't really get that long of a break though. That event was spread over 3 days not including travel. The fatigue is mostly to our top players, the rest of the team looks fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00