Post-Game Talk: [GM47] Canucks defeat Blackhawks | 2-0 (Suter & Hughes) | Kuzdemko!

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
Saving Private Kuzmenko

nsKsT9k.gif

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Ugly, boring game.

Maybe I'm being greedy, I know Demko got the shutout, but I didn't like the own zone play tonight, especially in the first two periods.

Miller really fighting the puck tonight. And no Bozo moments in response. Shows how disengaged he was in this one.

2nd line our best line tonight. Love to see Kuze smiling. Figure Pew Pew is getting PP1 time cuz they're looking ahead to life after 96. Whether Kuzmenko stays or is dealt, best for business if his game rounds into shape.

Demko was excellent.

PK is...good. well, at least average but I will take it.

With that win and WPG's loss, back to top dawg in the league. What a time to be alive!

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Difficult to reconcile the team in the 1st period with the rest of the game. Is it a systems thing when playing with the lead, or does the team just slack off?

Looked like they had all day to move up ice in the 1st and then couldn't find any room in the 2nd or most of the 3rd despite a few chances generated from neutral zone turnovers that created some odd-man rushes.

And yes, break-up the Lotto line.
It’s definitely the system. It starts with shift length, even when they have numbers, they'll dump it in and make a quick change if the shift goes beyond 30 seconds

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It’s a tough market… now we are complaining about the quality of our wins… sorry the boys put up a W that wasn’t a 5 star circus with Elephants and a trampese. I personally think them being able to maintain leads and run out the clock is something important to practice and have confidence in.

These types of games will come handy down the road, I’ll take it

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
It’s a tough market… now we are complaining about the quality of our wins… sorry the boys put up a W that wasn’t a 5 star circus with Elephants and a trampese. I personally think them being able to maintain leads and run out the clock is something important to practice and have confidence in.

Can't ignore that they gave the BlackhAHLks multiple good looks. Demko was up to the challenge, and clearly they had it in cruise control, but the process wasn't on point tonight.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It’s definitely the system. It starts with shift length, even when they have numbers, they'll dump it in and make a quick change if the shift goes beyond 30 seconds

Shorty mentioned Tocchet was ripping them later in the game for taking lengthy shifts. Frustrating you have a team that curb-stomps the opposition in the first period, and can't even clear the zone in the second/third.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I hope Kuzmenko can string some good games together, then trade him as soon as someone calls. He is someone who will disappear in the play-offs. so let's invest that 5 million in someone who will contribute when it really counts. Same with Boeser.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The NHL can humble you at the best of times.......just didn't see any possibility of a 2-0 game on the night.

But while the Canucks tilted the rink in the first period; they were surprisingly under siege at times in the second and third. If Chicago had any kind of offensive players, they'd probably have gotten this game to OT at the very least.

Besides Kuzmenko's inspiring play and Demko's goose-egg, the highlight of this might have been the PK which shut out the Hawks in five opportunities. The PK is now at more than 80 percent for the season--which is a long way from last season's tire fire.

Kind of surprising how much the Canucks miss Soucy when he's out of the lineup. The defense pairing looked a bit discombobulated most of the night.

I think the Canucks are eagerly anticipating the all-star break. Two more games against the St. Louis and Columbus and they can shut it down for a badly needed rest and re-set..

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Can't ignore that they gave the BlackhAHLks multiple good looks. Demko was up to the challenge, and clearly they had it in cruise control, but the process wasn't on point tonight.
I get it, and as fans it’s what we do.

Just trying to soak in the actual winning part and enjoy it.

I think it has more to do with it being impossible to be on point for 82 games. They just keep finding a way to win though.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Ugly, boring game.

Maybe I'm being greedy, I know Demko got the shutout, but I didn't like the own zone play tonight, especially in the first two periods.

Miller really fighting the puck tonight. And no Bozo moments in response. Shows how disengaged he was in this one.

2nd line our best line tonight. Love to see Kuze smiling. Figure Pew Pew is getting PP1 time cuz they're looking ahead to life after 96. Whether Kuzmenko stays or is dealt, best for business if his game rounds into shape.

Demko was excellent.

PK is...good. well, at least average but I will take it.

With that win and WPG's loss, back to top dawg in the league. What a time to be alive!

Yeah, we are getting greedy. Let's just be happy we are on this incredible run. We just keep getting points.

There was the thread on the main board at Christmas asking if the Canucks could keep this up after Christmas. The team is 9-2-1 since then. This is bat shit crazy stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad